Just got the $129 Portofino rate!

lovelyk68

Mouseketeer
We were originally going to do a Kids Suite for $277 per night, but with the economy so sluggish, I am more than happy to give that up for a $150 savings per night. I used my Fan Club Card and called thru Universal. Thanks to all who posted about this great rate!:D

please tell me how to get the lower rate for Portofino Bay Hotel?? We want to go there in November...

Welcome to the Universal Board! The special rate at the Portofino is available to residents of several states (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and I believe Mississippi) and to Fan Club Members. The Fan Club membership is a perk that is often available through an employer. I your employer does not offer it, ask friends and family. If neither of these discounts is available to you, I would still call Universal: 877-UESCAPE or Loews: 1-800-23 LOEWS and ask them about the $129 rate. You might get lucky. From what has been reported on these boards, the Portofino has a very high vacancy rate right now. Good Luck!

Congrats to you, lovelyk!

I am still happy about getting this rate! I've always wanted to stay at the Portofino but always go for the HRH because it's usually so much cheaper!

At this rate this is LOWER than I paid for the HRH through hoteldiscounts.com back in May!

Thanks Robinrs! Congrats to you also. I was torn between the HRH and Portofino, but this tipped the decision. This rate is incredible, especially when you look at the Disney rates. We are getting a Deluxe property at Moderate rates!:D

Mainiacs--let us know how it goes.

hi MOM
I just called Portofino and asked for the $129.00 rate and was only able to get it as low as $149.00 starting on 11-25...
Hard Rock i was able to get the 129.00 rate...
I inquired about 3 day pass to all three theme parks and got a rate of $111.00 . Does anyone have any info on how to get a better rate on those?
Thanks so much :)

We have never been to Universal Studios so i am not familiar with the difference between Hard Rock and Portofino...Has anyone been there and can tell me if there is any really big difference? Are both as nice? We have been to Disney a number of times but never Universal...

Mainiacs, did you ask if they had the Fan club? or was this just the special rate?

Originally posted by Mainiacs
We have never been to Universal Studios so i am not familiar with the difference between Hard Rock and Portofino...Has anyone been there and can tell me if there is any really big difference? Are both as nice? We have been to Disney a number of times but never Universal...

I think both are very nice! I stay at whichever one I get a better rate at, which has been PBH. I like the decor and how close the parks are to HRH better. I love the atmosphere at PBH & all the food choices at PBH. I also like the Villa Pool at PBH, the HRH pool is always crowded. I don't think you'll be disappointed at either. The rooms are bascically the same, cozy, comfy beds!!

Cpm, we stayed at the HRH in Feb, and we're going to stay at both HRH and Portofino in Nov. We took a walk around Portofino last trip, so we decided to try it out. We saw the pool with the slide, I read that had a villa pool and another one. Is the villa pool a quiet pool also? How were the food options for kids? Thanks.

Originally posted by Peterd
Cpm, we stayed at the HRH in Feb, and we're going to stay at both HRH and Portofino in Nov. We took a walk around Portofino last trip, so we decided to try it out. We saw the pool with the slide, I read that had a villa pool and another one. Is the villa pool a quiet pool also? How were the food options for kids? Thanks.

The Villa pool is the quiet pool, it has nice cushioned chairs, you can rent a cabana, the serve food by the pool, a simple menu with burgers, sandwhiches & chicken fingers & it's a bit deeper then the beach pool which is the one with the slide.
There are lots of kid frendly food places at PBH, trattoria has a great kids menu & serves marshmellow shakes (my kids favorite!), they have an area for kids with a TV, bean bag chairs & small tables & chairs the adult food is very good. It also has nights where a magaicain comes to the table, and charcater meals. Mama's also has a kids menu with great adult Italian food & strolling muscians. There is a pzza place, and an ice-cream place.
I'll be there this weekend!!! :)

We stayed at both HRH & Portofino Bay on our trip last June as we were unable to get 7 straight nites at either place. I will try and describe both for you.

Portofino is like walking into a little Italian town. It is very romantic with very nice rooms and the most comfortable beds you can imagine! The bathrooms are large enough for someone to sleep in and also has a nice deep bath tub that is perfect for soaking after a long day at the park. I only saw one pool while we were there and that was the beach pool. It was gorgeous, surrounded by rocks with a very zippy slide! (I actually liked the slide here better than Hard Rock's slide.)

We moved to HRH after 3 nights at PB. I thought HRH was awesome, but honestly I thought the rooms were kind of plain. Very nice comfy beds but not as nice as Portofino's. The bathroom was not nearly as large, but there was a second sink outside the bathroom which was nice for getting ready in the morning. Tons of rock & roll memorabilia here. I looked at all the stuff on the walls for hours, it was really cool. The swimming pool area was incredible, a big slide (although I didn't think as zippy.) More for kids to do at the pool as there was a basketball goal, and my teen son met other kids playing bball and had lots of fun there. The Hard Rock itself was gorgeous!

I actually preferred the Portofino, as it is more luxurious, but then I am in my mid forties. My kids who are 15 and 11 liked the Hard Rock a whole lot more.

I guess it just depends on what you like!

Kim

Kim, I'm with you! I want the luxury and the class of the Portofino but my son is bugging me because he wants to go back to the Hard Rock.... after all, it is soooooo :cool: ...

thank you so much for posting this here. i called yesterday and got the $129 rate for our trip in november. we originally were paying $188 a night so this is a great savings for us. i cant say thank you enough. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter