Just got back

rrobin3051

Mouseketeer
We went from June 26th through july 7. We had a great time. We had a 5 day pass and found we didn't need to get there at the opening . Three of the day we arrived around 11 and stayed till close and the other two days we arrived at 6 pm. We were able to ride everything . We were a party of 13. We had a great time! We found the evening wait times really good. We didn't wait for anything more than 30 mins

We went from June 26th through july 7. We had a great time. We had a 5 day pass and found we didn't need to get there at the opening . Three of the day we arrived around 11 and stayed till close and the other two days we arrived at 6 pm. We were able to ride everything . We were a party of 13. We had a great time! We found the evening wait times really good. We didn't wait for anything more than 30 mins

So glad you had a great trip! How nice to have such a large family trip!!

Great do hear that you had such an awesome time,and better yet to hear that it wasn’t necessary to be there at park opening! We have always stayed at either HR or RP and enjoyed the convenience of the Exoress Pass. This coming December,mid December is the first trip not staying at an on site hotel with EP, so I have been a bit concerned. Will be doing a 3 day pass, really looking forward to experiencing King Kong since we missed the opening a few years ago. What a fun place, can’t wait! Am I to assume that you did not have the Express Pass? :confused:Thanks in advance!:cool1:

No we stayed off site and had no passes. We did however have 5 days. Still can be done in 3 days easily. Obviously the lines were shorter first thing but we found evening to be the best. We did a few single rider lines and surprisingly they kept us together like 2 at a time which was nice and unexpected. It's totally doable without express passes unless we just got a lucky week. Our longest line was kong..we tHoughton tge line was really cool but not impressed with the ride. A lot of the times the lines were about 15 mins shorter than the posted time. Kong said 75 mins it was about an hour. That held true even when said 30 mins...took 15 or 20. Good luck. I was nervous because we hadn't been there there in 18 years and was going with such a large group and our youngest was 4 and walked the entire time.

Thanks for sharing your trip experience. I am always looking for reports that don't involve early mornings and Express Pass. We are going for 7 nights at Cabana Bay and I sure don't want to get up early everyday. Evenings may be possible for us.

Thanks for sharing your trip experience. I am always looking for reports that don't involve early mornings and Express Pass. We are going for 7 nights at Cabana Bay and I sure don't want to get up early everyday. Evenings may be possible for us.
Yes I agree...we were a big party hard to get everyone moving. After 6pm the majority of rides were 10 to 30 minutes. Not sure how old your party is but I would suggest single rider lines. We didn’t try them until our 3rd day but we kind of liked them

Thanks for sharing. We have a group of 9 going in November and are also staying offsite. We have youngish kids (youngest is 8) an we like to go at opening, head back to the house, and then go back to close the park. We also have 5 day passes. Glad to hear you didn't need Express Pass as we never get them either.

Thank you for sharing! We're a group of sloths in the morning, and are only staying at RP for 2 nights in order to get EP. (5 day trip we move to CBBR after our 2 nights) I've been nervous about being the we spent all this money to get EP mom, now get UP while everyone else is sleeping in. We are also, however night owls so I can totally see us getting there late and closing the park.

Thank you for sharing! We're a group of sloths in the morning, and are only staying at RP for 2 nights in order to get EP. (5 day trip we move to CBBR after our 2 nights) I've been nervous about being the we spent all this money to get EP mom, now get UP while everyone else is sleeping in. We are also, however night owls so I can totally see us getting there late and closing the park.

When are you going? Just check park hours. During slower times, closing the park at Uni can be pretty early. We went in Nov two years ago and the parks were both closed by 8.

When are you going? Just check park hours. During slower times, closing the park at Uni can be pretty early. We went in Nov two years ago and the parks were both closed by 8.

Not until next june, I'm pregaming reading the DIS and trip reports. 8 actually works for us as that gives me the feeling we've done something at the parks but gives the rest of the family a set time they can go sit at the pool or get screen time.

we go the week of Thanksgiving so the parks stay open until 9pm/10pm.

We're going to be there the weekend before Thanksgiving this year. Current park hours are close at 8 for the weekend nights but Mon and Tues are 9. I hope at least one of the parks extends by an hour. Although if they're running the castle projection show again this year, Hogsmeade stayed open later to accommodate the crowds last year so if they do that again, that will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!