just got back

ktorrez

Earning My Ears
We had our very first (and hopefully not the last) WDW vacation 1/20-26. We had such a great time. There were NO, I mean NO lines anywhere. Fastpasses were not necessary. My kids (9,5,5) would run over and over again on Dumbo, Buzz, Peter Pan's Flight w/no wait. There was one night when the temperature got in the 20's at night and very windy. We were at Epcot then and they canceled the Parade. We watched the movie about France twice to stay inside and warm while waiting for Illuminations. Then we raced home to warm up. It was really cold that night, but warmed up nicely the next day. We actually swam one day.

I was surprised at how busy FW was. There were very few empty spaces. Actually as one would leave another would be there the next day. We stayed in 1317. There are alot of snowbirds staying the whole winter. I found them to be very friendly and helpful. You could tell a few of them felt they owned the place, especially when we cut through their site to get to the comfort station, but I just killed them with kindness. LOL.

This was only our 2nd camping adventure and u can't beat the quality time with the family. It was great. We took bikes. I had meals already frozen and just put them in the crockpot in the am and dinner was on the table in 15 min. after being at the parks. Then we napped and went out again in the evening to Epcot. I got all teary-eyed watching the fireworks for the last time at MK!

Thanks to all of you good folks on this board. I found so much helpful info, that I would not have known had I not found you all.

Till, we go again, Disney in my dreams.

Karen:earsgirl:

Isn't FW the best campground??? I would rather be there than anyplace else!

I'm curious though, why did you cut through someone's sight to get to the comfort station? I think I would have been upset too. That's someone's personal space during their stay at FW or any other campground.

On two occasions we took the short cut to the comfort station - one being my two 5 yr old boys were "exploring in the woods mom" and the second being I dished out prunes to keep everyone regular and well, the kids had to go at the same time and couldn't wait! I did explain to them that we do not walk on other people's sites, but felt that the shortcut "in between" the sites was not violating their space too much if not done everytime.

I will be more sensitive next time. Thanks for your input.

Karen

I have to agree with welovemickey. I once reamed out DH for cutting through someone else's site at a KOA. It's like cutting thru their yard at home. It just shouldn't be done & is considered rude by most campers....especially the seasoned ones.

FW is by far the absolute bestest campground ever!!! I love the circular setups & the privacy every site is afforded! I can't wait to get there, & November is not going to get here fast enough!!! Oh but then it will go by waaaaaaay to fast once it gets here. Oh woe is me! hahahahahaha:rolleyes:

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter