Just got back from Disney on DDP!

investgirlmd

Mouseketeer
If anyone was not sure about the Dining Plan I hope I can change your mind. It was awesome, amazing, worth every penny and more.

We ate and ate and ate....... I could not believe how much food it offers you. More than enough to fill my DH up and he can eat!!

We did a lot of character meals since it was our first time and we wanted our kids to enjoy the meals as well.

Our first day: MK

We did CP for breakfast- AWesome would recommend in a heart beat. Our Bill was $90 with a tip. Used 4 TS credits

We skipped lunch cause we ate so much breakfast and the kids had ice cream for a snack. 2 snack credits

We ate dinner at Cosmic Rays- Also great food... more than enough to split with a child. We didnt cause we were all really hungry since we didnt eat lunch. used 4 CS credits.

Second day: MGM

We ate breakfast at the Food court (sports).... The food was really good. My dh was surprised actually. We got the adult meal eggs, bacon,susage, potatoes and a biscuit. Our kids got the pancakes and bacon and we always got fruit or yougurt too. A lot of times the cashier allowed us to have a fruit cup and a yougurt with our meal. Which was very nice!

We had dinner at SCI-FI and that was a lot of fun. The food was ok but the atmosphere was great. We had a ball... my son and dh both had the salmon they said it was good the rice wasnt though. I had a chicken sandwich it was ok... my daughter had the chicken fingers. It was so much food we walked out of there stuffed.

3rd day back to MK. ( my sister lives in FL she came to visit)

We had breakfast in the food court it was good. We got ice cream for a snack later in the day and we were deciding what to do for dinner. Since my sister and her family was with us we still wanted to use our dining plan. So we caught the ferry over to Fort wilderness camp ground and ate dinner over there at a buffet place. Cant remember the name of it ... it was good not great but ok. We actually ended up using 8 TS cause we put my sisters family on there as well. We knew since our flight was leaving so early on Tuesday we would have extra credits. My sister was so happy cause it was around $90 for the 4 of them.

4th day-Epcot

Had breakfast again at the food court. We ate a lite breakfast cause we had CS credits we needed to use so we ate lunch at the electric Umbrella.... WOULD NOT DO AGAIN! The wait was horrible and we got there at 11:45am and the food was not great at all.

We had dinner at Garden Grill and that was awesome!! The food was awesome and my kids loved it!

5th day- Animal Kingdom

We had breakfast at Donalds breakfastuors (sp) Awesome it was great!!! The kids had a ball!!

We left Animal Kingdom around 4pm and went back to the hotel so the kids could go swimming. They hadnt had a chance to go swimming since we were so busy at the parks.

We ate dinner in the food court and it was really good.

I did save all my reciepts and added them up when we got home. And we would have spent over $800 not counting the snacks........ we used our snacks daily on drinks and ice cream for the kids.... now granted we would not have done as many as character meals but they were awesome. I enjoyed them we much as the kids.

So the dining plan was awesome and we would do it again in a heart beat!!

We are just back also and feel the DP was well worth it. Even with some credits left over, I feel we definitely saved money using the DP!

Everything sounds great! Would you tell me more about the Garden Grill? We have an ADR for June, but I don't read much about it.

Thank you!

Great reviews! We are going during the free dining and we booked 5 character meals. I am glad to read that your kids loved them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter