Just got back from 8 Nights!!! Feedback :)

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Well we just got back yesterday from our 8 night stay. I posted a lot of questions on this board and got a lot of great info so I wanted to share our trip. Pro's and Con's.

Magic Bands - Loved them, we were lucky had no issues. One park day it turned blue but because I used the wrong finger apparently. No problem. All our fast passes worked fine and I loved being able to use it to charge things when my husband wasn't around (he liked using cash most of the time)

Fast pass - Went great for us. Ended up changing a couple times or not using ones in Epcot because it was so uncrowded first thing we didn't need them. But all in all they were great and I had planned pretty well when to use them throughout the day. It def was a plus for us and our small kids being able to choose what we wanted. We got to ride BTM one extra time because the CM didn't take the rider swap ticket from my husband when my DD and him went back on so we used it the next MK day :)

8am park open - I was really upset about this at first and boy I am so glad I canceled that early morning Crystal palace breakfast because we got there 20 minutes before RD on parade taping. It was no issue walking down main street. They were near castle taping. We went straight to Adventureland and it was empty. Rode carpets and pirates. We didn't care about Jungle cruise we think its boring. Then we had a FP to BTM but not till 10 so we decided to go to tomorrowland. Got in Astro, Buzz, Speedway, Met Stitch, Had a dance party with Incrediables and rode tea cups all before 10 am. It was amazing. We then went back to BTM for FP rode twice with parent swap. Then we did the tree house and headed up to small world, then rode PP with our FP, did little mermaid ride and had our lunch at BOG. After that we went back for our break. It was such a great morning and although we started with my plan we did way more than I had planned and knocked out like 80% of what we wanted to do at MK.

Christmas Party - It was good and I was disappointment. We arrived back in park a bit before 5. We had a fast pass to Barnstormer so we rode that. Than got in front of castle for Frozen wish. Than wasted a whole 30 minutes in line for a damn hot dog. We def should have just eaten earlier it was a huge waste of time for crap food. We then rode whinnie the pooh. After that we met Christmas Minnie. We really wanted to see ducks but they were a 40 minute wait already. After Minnie we got in line for Pooh and friends. That was fun. By that time we headed to castle and watched light show and fireworks. We decided to grab a quick drink because we figured there would be plenty of time to get a spot for 10:30 parade. Boy were we wrong by 10 it was packed. No where to sit anyway. We had to go way into Frontierland to find a spot. Luckily we finally did in the front. But I def was disappointed we weren't on mainstreet. I had a lot of ppl on here say that the 10;30 parade you can find spots up front right before, well I get every night is different and no one really knows but this was not the case. It was so jammed pack at 10:30. It def didn't get less crowded. We waited and watched parade then left. We did get to walk under snow while leaving. I dont think we got to do nearly as much as I'd like but It def is hard planning and getting everything in for party.

Weather - Def wasn't great and not what the weather had said. The whole week before we left it said it was in the 70s all week. Well a cold front came in for sure. Sunday was awesome our first day. Monday it misted literally all day but we toughed it out at Hollywood Studios, saw the lights which was awesome. Then the rest of the week was ok. It would get to 60's in afternoon and feel ok if it was sunny but was chilly in the shade and windy. Could have been much worse but would have liked it if it was a bit warmer. We were ok without winter coats though. Kids were cold party night but layered and had hats. Of course yesterday when we left it was perfect.

Early Entry - On Friday my daughter and I left earlier and were waiting to get in for RD when I realized others were entering so I thought maybe we could do with BBB appointment at 8:15. Went to cast member and yup we were on the list. It was amazing. It wasn't empty no but you could walk down main street, actually see stores and the walls and decorations. It was really great and we got some pictures. I loved it. We got to BBB right about at 8 and they got her in right away we didn't have to wait at all she was in seat getting started at 8:09 and appointment wasn't until 8:15 :) once we were done she got her pictures taken and then added to my band. We then rode Peter pan with no wait and went in some stores. Met husband and son rode a few rides in fantasyland and got lunch and used our FP for that day. Mine train, meet anna and elsa. Dinner at castle that night was great. Best food we had the whole trip. Dessert was so good.

BOG - We at there for lunch one day. Had to wait 35 minutes before being seated. Food was ok. It was neat inside but wouldn't care to do it again.

Food - All in all its pretty blah. Garden Grill I would have expected better. It def wasn't very good to me. Dole whips were yummy, soft serve at AK was yummy! But most food def just ok but its to expect. What annoyed me the most is how long it takes for quick service stuff. Like the night we got hot dogs. Literally 30 minutes for 4 hot dogs. And there was only 3 people in line in front of us.(all they had was hotdogs) I am sorry but they all move ridiculously slow. I felt like most places were the same. Just really slow moving.

My favorite rides, Test track and expedition Everest. My almost 6 year old daughter loved both and I was so excited she wasn't scared of Expedition. Wished my son could have done more but its ok he is only 2.5 he loved the characters like LOVED them. Would hug them so hard and not want to leave :) and he loved the Nemo Ride.

We had a great trip. DH said we cant go back until 5 years :( boo. Maybe I can push it up till 4 ha.

Oh and we got memory maker and glad we did. Def got a good a number of good pictures from it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter