Just got an IPOD - how to put PODCASTS on?

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
Hi all,
I am enjoying listening to my new video IPOG 30GB. My question is I am learnign about Podcasts and can soemone please tell me how to download these Podcasts and put them on my IPOD?
I know---a dumb question but I am a newbie! Thanks!

Okay, i think I managed to subscribe to all the podcasts!

Okay, i think I managed to subscribe to all the podcasts!

Lucky you...I've got a Zune and it's not as adept at podcats as an iPod...but I do have a very nice screen and it's pretty and green-brown... :banana:

--Mr. DB

REAL easy with an iPod. So many Disney podcasts are listed in the iTunes music store. So yeah...

1. Fire up the iTunes application
2. In the left hand pane, click on iTunes store
3. In the search box, Upper Right, type Disney and hit ENTER
4. Now, in the upper pane, scroll down till you see PODCASTS
5. Click on SEE ALL
6. To subscribe to any podcast click SUBSCRIBE
7. The podcasts will start to download and will continue to do so on whatever their regular schedule is.

In addition to the podcast associated with The DIS... I also reccommend Inside the Magic, and Mouse Guest Weekly.

I usually fire up iTunes at night and let any new episodes trickle in while I am sleeping. In the morning, synch the iPod and the new content flies over. Now I'm all ready for a seriously Dineyfied commute. [Shameless plug... for content of a slightly geekier nature, check out my podcast, details in my signature.] :surfweb:

I, too, am a newbie to Ipods and my question regards syncing on two computers. I have Itunes on my computer at home and that is how I sync my play list. I also have Itunes on my laptop. When I plug in my Ipod to my laptop I get a message that my Ipod will be erased if I continue. My question is this, can I download the current songs on my Ipod to my laptop and my PC so I can update my podcast with either without loosing my songs. I have all of my favorite songs stored on my Ipod and don't want to have to go through the process of reconstructing the play list or resyncing it at home every time I update my podcast. I enjoy listening to about three different pod casts and right now I download them to my laptop to listen to at work and listen to them with head phones on the laptop...kind of defeats the purpose of having an Ipod.

iTunes isn't the greatest at dealing with multiple PCs, but try this:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61675
Thanks for the link. I'm going to give it a try, but the last line in the article says, "Note: iPod shuffle is intended for use with a single computer. You cannot load music from multiple computers or iTunes libraries onto iPod shuffle like you can with other iPods." And what do I have? An IPod Shuffle. So it probably won't work. My main goal is to be able to download podcast like "The Dis Unplugged" and "WDWToday" from my laptop while at work or on the road and not loose my music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter