Just got an email with another guest's folio?!

happymommy

DIS Veteran
I just returned Sunday from Disney, got my folio emailed to me with my final bill.

I got another email from them this morning, with another guest's folio. They were NOT in the same room that I was in (lucky for them; our room was awful), but at the same resort. It has their name, address, room number, how much they spent, etc.

I find this disturbing to say the least! Disney put their personal info into an email of another guest! They could still be in the room right now.

After my last stay, I won't likely be staying on site again (it's a long complicated issue, and I was so glad to get home). This just put the nail in the coffin for me.

Question: has this ever happened to anyone else here?

Yes. But not at Disney. At a very upscale, expensive hotel.

And it wasn't emailed. It was slipped under my door. Which means they actually put it under the wrong door.

I fixed it by slipping it under the correct door. No harm, no foul.

Yes. But not at Disney. At a very upscale, expensive hotel.

And it wasn't emailed. It was slipped under my door. Which means they actually put it under the wrong door.

I fixed it by slipping it under the correct door. No harm, no foul.

That happened to me at a Ritz Carlton once, and I did the same thing as well.

It concerned me that the other guest would likely not want strangers to have this information. I know their address, name, room number, the last 4 digits of their Visa card.
I likely overreacted with concern, but hope it’s not common.

It concerned me that the other guest would likely not want strangers to have this information. I know their address, name, room number, the last 4 digits of their Visa card.

It is a big deal and I would definitely let Disney know. You are not overreacting when you see important personal data experiencing a security breach. Disney made a mistake, like we all do from time to time. Letting them know that it happened will hopefully, if there is any semblance of customer service or concern left from MANAGEMENT, allow them to find out what the problem was and correct it.

Just send them an email with the details: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know this is happening... :chat: :hug: :chat: :chat: :chat: :grouphug:

~NM

Now if you knew what entity issued it, you 'd have the first eight. Then it's just a one in a thousand chance you could the the third group of numbers on the third try, and voila! :rotfl2:

Now if you knew what entity issued it, you 'd have the first eight. Then it's just a one in a thousand chance you could the the third group of numbers on the third try, and voila! :rotfl2:

And with software that's available for purchase on the web you can use a program that, in less that 5 minutes, will be able to ping all those possible credit card numbers and give you the ones that match the name and address of the card holder. This is the same software that gas stations and other merchants use to place a small hold charge on your card to check the authenticity of the data before allowing you to make a purchase.

Not >:rotfl2:

~NM

And with software that's available for purchase on the web you can use a program that, in less that 5 minutes, will be able to ping all those possible credit card numbers and give you the ones that match the name and address of the card holder. This is the same software that gas stations and other merchants use to place a small hold charge on your card to check the authenticity of the data before allowing you to make a purchase.

Not >:rotfl2:

~NM

I have to agree. I don't see anything funny about this. With everything you see in the news about security breaches and such, this isn't as large scale as the Target or Yahoo breaches, but it's still a breach none-the-less. If it's happened once, it can happen again, and who knows, for those poking fun at this (or don't see it as a major issue), it's not going to be a big deal until you're on the wrong end of it. Now if this was getting a tax document in the regular snail mail for someone, there's lots of places to see where things can go wrong, but this is email... pretty user specific.

I got an email from Grand Floridian spa the next day after my DD’s spa visit. Only thing is we weren’t even in FL. Her spa visit had been 2 years prior. I called the spa and they kept assuring me she had been there the day before. Said “she was with her mom...isn’t that you?” Never did get it sorted out. At least we didn’t get charged for it...whoever it was. :sad2:

I got wrong guest folio at check in. We used to get printouts at check in of details of our stay, dining credits, etc. I didn’t look at it until later in our room and realized it was someone else’s.

Hotel GM here.. Not that hard for it to happen.. There are checks to stop it, but the folios are scrubbed enough to not allow you do anything with the info.

Mostly it is just the cheating husband/wife where the folio comes into play. :)

I guess my point was that if it wasn't the nail in the coffin before, at another hotel, why would it be now, for a Disney resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter