Just got a pin!

I got this in the mail today :) tried it and it worked took a few times to realize I had to go to the website printed under the code and it was case sensitive... dates didn't fit our plans though and wasn't much of a discount... 25% off room only :/ I'm waiting on free dining for our fall 2017 trip :D

I'm curious why they are called PINs?

Do you really think FD will be a thing? It wasn't last year, and they just released SPD again, at about a 45% dining discount. I honestly think FD is a thing of the past.

They offered free dining last year, they've already offered free dining bounce backs and though the availability dates are changing and the offers are limited I think they will continue to offer it.

I've never, ever, ever, never received one in over 33 years of going to WDW. I have a MDE account, I have a shop disney account, I belong to D23, I price out packages on the web site all the time, I ordered the DVD (just to help out the DIS), I go twice a year and have an AP. I guess they figure no reason to send one to me since they are pretty sure I'm going anyway. Funny thing is I never pay full price, I always either use a general discount, an AP discount or an Orbitz code. There really is not method to getting one, they just send them. A friend of mine has been once or twice and gets one via snail mail every year.

Same here! I have been going once a year, sometimes twice a year for the past 35 years. DH and I got married and honeymooned down there, I've been on the Disney cruise twice, and yet never a pin code. My neighbor who went once 4 years ago got one a few weeks ago. sigh. Those dates are when we are going too. I would love to receive this one!

I got one recently, and I know I've gotten at least one other, possibly two, since our trip in March. I don't know what triggers getting them, but I:
1. Price vacations on Disney's site often
2. Have a Disney Visa
3. Have a Disney Gift Card account
4. Used the above account to purchase park tickets recently

I think maybe they see me as someone to woo into staying on property. The dates aren't useful for us, and we're renting DVC points anyway. But I was still excited to receive the pins!

I get them quite often but have never used them because the dates wouldn't work. I always keep a dream vacation in my cart on the Disney site just to see what it would cost. Maybe that helps with all the pin codes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!