just did WDW w/5 kids, 3 families

minniemamadrama

Earning My Ears
Just got back from 8 magical days in WDW with 3 families and 5 kids (ages 5, 5, 6, 7, and 14).

We did all four parks, Blizzard Beach, Pleasure Island (while 14 yr. old babysat) and Downtown Disney. We also did Cindy's Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare breakfast, dinner at Chef Mickeys, dinner at Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic seating), and dinner at Marrekesh. The girls in our families (both ages 5) did the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian. The moms in our group (including moi) spent a half day at the Spa at Disney Institute. The dads played golf on the Magnolia course (and spotted only one gator). All in all we had a blast! There was something special for everyone.

Our family has been to WDW 5 times, but this was the first time during peak season. The crowds were pleasantly manageable. By using fast passes, we only waited as long as 30 minutes for any ride.

I'd be happy to answer any questions!

:p

Hi! Could you please elaborate on you Spa visit? What are hours? How much? What services? My family, my parents and my sister's family are all going to WDW in Dec. and my sister and I want to give my mom some type of spa experience. I have info from GF but can't find specifics about the Institute. In fact I thought it was closed.Thanks alot!

We are timeshare owners at Blue Tree Resort (about 1/4 mile from Downtown Disney) and that is where we have always stayed, but we are planning to stay on-site, perhaps on our next visit to see just what it feels like to be even more submerged in Disney magic.

As for the Spa at Disney Institute....LOVED IT! My friend and I booked aromatherapy massages (hour) and facials (half hour) on the morning of our last full day at Disney. The total cost was about $130 each, using my Disney Club discount. The grounds of the Institute were very EMPTY. There were a few people trickling into the spa that morning, but it did feel a bit like a ghost town when we first arrived around 8am.

We also enjoyed the excercise equipment, jacuzzi and steam room while there. I will never spend a grueling week in the parks again without treating myself to the Spa. The locker facilities and waiting areas were very nice, the staff were friendly and professional. The last spa treatments I received were on the Disney Cruise three years ago, and these were as nice as those.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter