Just curious

Gramps 25

Earning My Ears
My family and I will be using our DVC for the first time next weekend (13th). I was wondering if there is any particular advantage to checking in online? We should arrive at BCV around 2:00-2:30. Any input from the experienced folks (which in this case is anyone who has ever been to a DVC Resort as we have not :) ).

Ken

Others may feel differently, but I just don't see the advantage. I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to check in to any DVC resort anyway and I personally like speaking with the cast member. We've been there often enough where we will know if a particular room is not to our liking and at least have someone to discuss that with.

P.S. Make sure you are not overlooking Epcot International Blvd. at BCV. !!!!

While we have only been to WDW twice, both times involved several resorts and several checkins. We did noine checkin most often, and have gotten good rooms each time. The main time we did NOT do it, we got a leftover room that we had to move from the next day.

We like online checkin.

I do not usually check in on line if I have children in the room only because one time, I did and all of the room keys had charging privileges! If it's only DH and myself, I do tend to check in on line.

I do online check-in and have good and bad experiences. I have always spoken to a CM when I've checked in. In March we arrived at 4:15 at BLT, 1 Bdrm villa wasn't ready, was told it would be soon. At 5:00 we went to Bay Lake Tower, at 6:15 spoke to a very helpful CM there who called the front desk for us and we were told our villa #. We went to the villa only to discover it was still occupied!!!
December 2010, 2 studios and 1 GV at the BWV. We arrived at 5:00, all rooms are ready. DD didn't go to her room until 8:00PM, room hadn't been cleaned.

Two trips in the past year bad experience, 5 previous trips no problem. I still think I'd do the online check-in because we ultimately did get what we requested.

I do online check-in so that I do not have to give my credit card to the front desk. I am a bit paranoid about someone stealing my credit card info and there have been several reports of it happening in Florida and at WDW. I would not do it if we had guests that I did not want to have room-charging privileges.

I do not think it matters one way or the other for room requests.

I have only done online check-in. I like it because we arrive early since we drive from NJ and they have always had our folder waiting for us that morning. Normally we arrive between 7-8am so even though there really isn't anyone else there checking in our folder is always waiting for us :).

Others may feel differently, but I just don't see the advantage. I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to check in to any DVC resort anyway and I personally like speaking with the cast member. We've been there often enough where we will know if a particular room is not to our liking and at least have someone to discuss that with.

P.S. Make sure you are not overlooking Epcot International Blvd. at BCV. !!!!

I agree completely. I really enjoy the few minutes it takes to check in. The CMs have always been so friendly, and to me "it's all part of the experience".

we used it this summer and there was a line for check in and SSR had a separate line for online check in and we just walked right up and didnt have to wait in line.

I've done it both ways. If we're going at a busy time of year or for a short trip, I tend to check in online since every second counts at Disney! If it's a slow time or a longer trip, I don't mind waiting online to check in.

If it's your first time as DVC, you might want to do it in person. I've found the front desk CMs to be EXTREMELY helpful especially when staying in a new resort for the first time.

I have never used online check-in because sometimes when you arrive you may have a choice of rooms. I like to have the possibility of that option. We have recently stayed at Kidani twice and it worked to our advantage there. We usually stay at OKW, and there have been several times when I've had a choice there as well.

I agree completely. I really enjoy the few minutes it takes to check in. The CMs have always been so friendly, and to me "it's all part of the experience".

Doing online checkin doesn't take you away from CMs though. Just gets a lot of the paperwork out of the way.

I have never used online check-in because sometimes when you arrive you may have a choice of rooms. I like to have the possibility of that option. We have recently stayed at Kidani twice and it worked to our advantage there. We usually stay at OKW, and there have been several times when I've had a choice there as well.

the room isn't set in stone with online checkin. They can quite easily change it.

I use online check-in because I'm greedy.

If Disney says the guest interaction time is less with online check-in and it allows them to reduce their front desk staffing, I'm all for keeping my annual dues as low as possible.

I can't say I've ever experienced any difficulties with online check-in. Sometimes the online line is a little longer, but then again, sometimes it isn't. Once at Kidani, I had the front desk cast member meet me at the DME bus and hand me my package as we stepped off. That was our all-time most wonderful check-in ever.

My family and I will be using our DVC for the first time next weekend (13th). I was wondering if there is any particular advantage to checking in online? We should arrive at BCV around 2:00-2:30. Any input from the experienced folks (which in this case is anyone who has ever been to a DVC Resort as we have not :) ).

Ken

I have used it several times and it has gone well. Last week, I used it at BWV, and when I arrived at the entry gate, the cast member had my window parking paper there at the guard gate! I thought that was neat! Inside it went quickly too. They gave me my packet with the keys already inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter