Just curious- when did Disney start allowing wagons?

We saw a bunch around Christmas at Disney as well. I couldn’t believe they were allowed in.

Do.you feel the same about EVCs?
I feel it is likely that there were not swarms of these at Disney in the 70s either....
No, you rarely saw disabled out in public in the 60s and 70s. I am so glad this change was made.

In the 60s and early 70s, my uncle, who was confined to a chair, rarely went anywhere. It was just too difficult.

Outside of staring at them in astonishment due to their size, I have to say I’ve never been inconvenienced by the wagon users at WDW. I realize DL is much more cramped so perhaps it’s different there. The most important thing to remember is that everyone, be it ECVs, wagons, side by sides, or tandems, is just trying to make the most of their day. A little common courteousy goes along way on all sides.

No, you rarely saw disabled out in public in the 60s and 70s. I am so glad this change was made.

In the 60s and early 70s, my uncle, who was confined to a chair, rarely went anywhere. It was just too difficult.

I don't think the comparison to ECVs works well, because for the most part there aren't fields of riderless ECVs parked to the extent of strollers. I also personally am not bothered by the volume of strollers either - just think Disney needs to gather more accurate metrics about how many there are so they can improve crowd management in general.

Stroller or ECV, an inattentive and/or rookie operator is dangerous to themselves and those around them, and that isn't something Disney can make rules about or ban. I highly encourage anyone bringing either into the park to practice using them ahead of time, and hopefully getting some 'crowd' practice in as well. Not always possible, but it would help prevent a lot of unpleasantness!

I love the Keenz stroller wagons and wish they had been around when my kids were littles. I definitely would have purchased one of these instead of the Sit ‘n stand we had. Young kids require a lot of “stuff” and these make life so much easier. Plus the options such as wind cover, mosquito covers, etc. are just fantastic.

I’d personally rather have comfortable, sleeping kids in these than the exhausted, overstimulated, screaming children we see in the evenings at DLR and WDW. Being rammed with a stroller is never fun, but some of the more dangerous incidents involve the wheelchairs/ecvs. People certainly need to pay attention.

No mom/dad should ever feel judged for doing what’s best for her/his children, but maybe I just think this way because I’m entitled. :confused3
No judgement here :) I was one of the people with a stroller this time around adding to the sea. I was just surprised at how many there were compared from last time we went.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, DW and I were considering getting one because it just looked more comfortable (and easier to stash things). We opted against it mostly for a) cost, b) the fact that DD4 doesn't nap in anything mobile, and c) it just looks unwieldy and we're very light coming into DL. We opted to get a City Mini GT for DL (we use the much bigger Uppababy Vista for other uses outside of park... I'd feel guilty pushing that monster of a thing around).

Like the the way airlines have size limitations on for carry on luggage, Disney should do the same for the strollers. Nobody "needs" to drag around a huge wagon in Disneyland. They are obnoxious and unreasonable in Disneyland's tight walkways.
Like I previously posted, they are actually smaller than the average stroller, they look larger due to the canopy. But the "footprint" is the same as a regular stroller, and much smaller than a double stroller.

My sister saw them at NYE and wished they had been around when she was having kids.

I know when my younger sibs were born, strollers were not very transportable. But starting in the 80s, they became easy to collapse. Now, they can fold up so easy, much easier to bring with you. Personally, if it makes a family's trip more enjoyable, then they should do it. This is spoken by an grandma whose first granddaughter was out of a stroller before 3, and whose grandson is just transitioning at 3.

I agree that it isn't so much the size of the stroller, within reason, but the driving skills of the person responsible for pushing it. If the stroller or wagon is so large that the "driver" cannot see where they are going or cannot safely control the "vehicle" in a crowded situation (which is basically almost all of DLR these days!), then it would be safer for everyone if they would choose something that they can safely control. Texting or looking for your next MP while "driving" the stroller or wagon just makes things worse! Safety first, on both sides -- "drivers" and pedestrians -- would make life a lot easier at DLR.

I agree that it isn't so much the size of the stroller, within reason, but the driving skills of the person responsible for pushing it. If the stroller or wagon is so large that the "driver" cannot see where they are going or cannot safely control the "vehicle" in a crowded situation (which is basically almost all of DLR these days!), then it would be safer for everyone if they would choose something that they can safely control. Texting or looking for your next MP while "driving" the stroller or wagon just makes things worse! Safety first, on both sides -- "drivers" and pedestrians -- would make life a lot easier at DLR.
Totally agree. And same with ECV users. If someone is going to use an ECV, Disneyland should not be the first place they use it. And I see the same things happening with stroller drivers that happen with ECVs. Someone decides that 6 inches in front of you is just enough space to get a nano second ahead of you and then they get bumped. And they get angry because you hit them. Forget about the fact that if they hadn't decided to "change lanes" without looking they probably wouldn't have gotten hit. I try to tell friends, when walking in Disneyland, treat it like you are driving. Before deciding to dart left, LOOK and see if someone is there. I am on an ECV, my height is about that of a 10yo now, the number of people who have changed direction and ran into me, then glared at me are in the hundreds. I've had instances of seeing the accident coming and knowing I can't avoid it, so I just stop and when they walk into me, I often get the comment "You should watch where you are going!" Um, lady, I was STOPPED, you were looking at your phone/storewindow/kid.

Walkers and drivers need to watch out for each other.

Like I previously posted, they are actually smaller than the average stroller, they look larger due to the canopy. But the "footprint" is the same as a regular stroller, and much smaller than a double stroller.

My sister saw them at NYE and wished they had been around when she was having kids.

I know when my younger sibs were born, strollers were not very transportable. But starting in the 80s, they became easy to collapse. Now, they can fold up so easy, much easier to bring with you. Personally, if it makes a family's trip more enjoyable, then they should do it. This is spoken by an grandma whose first granddaughter was out of a stroller before 3, and whose grandson is just transitioning at 3.

It's not the size of the footprint. It's mostly the fact that people have NO qualms about parking them sideways across walkways, doorways, store aisles, etc. blocking a large portion of the walking path. This happens at Disneyland with alarming frequency and is highly annoying. I have noticed that once people get in the parks, they shift to pulling the wagon behind them whenever they can get away with it. No one ever says anything to them.

It's not the size of the footprint. It's mostly the fact that people have NO qualms about parking them sideways across walkways, doorways, store aisles, etc. blocking a large portion of the walking path. This happens at Disneyland with alarming frequency and is highly annoying. I have noticed that once people get in the parks, they shift to pulling the wagon behind them whenever they can get away with it. No one ever says anything to them.
Might be time to send in a comment about this -- and this goes for everyone who's witnessing this kind of behavior. Blocking doorways, aisles, walking paths is a safety hazard. I know in the restrooms that sometimes the wagons block the doorways making it very difficult to get in or out. High time management knew how bad this is getting.

I’m surprised to hear people talk about seeing them pulled. I’ve honestly never seen one pulled, and I’m there a lot

I HAVE seen people get stopped at security because they have the pull mechanism with them - they’re told they have to surrender it or take it back to their car, same as with a selfie stick.

I’m surprised to hear people talk about seeing them pulled. I’ve honestly never seen one pulled, and I’m there a lot

I HAVE seen people get stopped at security because they have the pull mechanism with them - they’re told they have to surrender it or take it back to their car, same as with a selfie stick.

They aren't using the pull mechanism. They are just pulling them behind them, using the push handle. Kind of like how you might do with a grocery store cart...walk in front of it and drag it behind you.

Might be time to send in a comment about this -- and this goes for everyone who's witnessing this kind of behavior. Blocking doorways, aisles, walking paths is a safety hazard. I know in the restrooms that sometimes the wagons block the doorways making it very difficult to get in or out. High time management knew how bad this is getting.

Yes! The bathrooms are the worst. They should not be allowed in the bathrooms at all.

They aren't using the pull mechanism. They are just pulling them behind them, using the push handle. Kind of like how you might do with a grocery store cart...walk in front of it and drag it behind you.
I will keep an eye on this one this weekend, because I too haven't seen them being pulled. I think it would be harder to pull them than to push.

I love the Keenz stroller wagons and wish they had been around when my kids were littles. I definitely would have purchased one of these instead of the Sit ‘n stand we had. Young kids require a lot of “stuff” and these make life so much easier. Plus the options such as wind cover, mosquito covers, etc. are just fantastic.

I’d personally rather have comfortable, sleeping kids in these than the exhausted, overstimulated, screaming children we see in the evenings at DLR and WDW. Being rammed with a stroller is never fun, but some of the more dangerous incidents involve the wheelchairs/ecvs. People certainly need to pay attention.

No mom/dad should ever feel judged for doing what’s best for her/his children, but maybe I just think this way because I’m entitled. :confused3

No judgement here. My main thing is not that they are being used or judging parents who use them. It is the fact that over the holidays i saw a few seats by an bench or seats and they were being covered by these stationed wagons and some were just parked in the way. I also saw some being kid of left around. The way people were handling them and pushing them is my issue.

We only have one kid and only used a stroller once at DL. We also do not travel with many things. We always just take a backpack with water, sunscreen, snacks in a ziplock, and wipes/sanitizer and that is not just DL but any trip we take. Im not sure what other people pack in their wagons.

Oh. That seems weird and much harder than pushing? Also, I'm not so sure that isn't "allowed" - I mean, a person could pull a stroller behind them if they wanted? Hmm. Perhaps they're trying to avoid ramming into people...

Yes! The bathrooms are the worst. They should not be allowed in the bathrooms at all.
This! Last time we were at DL, I was using the restroom in Adventureland. 3 of those things were in there blocking almost all the sinks with nobody in them. The moms had brought them in with the kids, parked them in front of the sinks and then went into the stalls. It was horrible. And one of them was half blocking the entrance/exit so it was difficult to get out, you had to kind of move into the queue waiting to get in to leave.
A custodian CM was just reaching over them to clean. Didn't say anything. I asked her if we can move them out of the way and she said no.
:scared:

This! Last time we were at DL, I was using the restroom in Adventureland. 3 of those things were in there blocking almost all the sinks with nobody in them. The moms had brought them in with the kids, parked them in front of the sinks and then went into the stalls. It was horrible. And one of them was half blocking the entrance/exit so it was difficult to get out, you had to kind of move into the queue waiting to get in to leave.
A custodian CM was just reaching over them to clean. Didn't say anything. I asked her if we can move them out of the way and she said no.
:scared:
I would have taken a photo and sent it, along with a detailed comment describing the whole situation and exchange with the CM, to Disney. They really need to see what's going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter