Just curious memory maker yay or nay?

Memory maker

• Total voters
Wow, some of you ended up w/ 200 or 400 photos? Where are all the photographers at? Is there a map somewhere showing the spots? I'm mostly just interested in Magic Kingdom for now. Will be going w/ far-away relatives, for only 1 day. How many places in the Kingdom could we pose at?

For example: we have a lunch at Cindarella's Royal Table. I understand there's an initial meet w/ Cindarella, and then during the lunch 4-5 other princesses come through. With Memory Maker, would we get a photo with each princess? Or is that just a "hi", "bye".

Wow, some of you ended up w/ 200 or 400 photos? Where are all the photographers at? Is there a map somewhere showing the spots? I'm mostly just interested in Magic Kingdom for now. Will be going w/ far-away relatives, for only 1 day. How many places in the Kingdom could we pose at?

For example: we have a lunch at Cindarella's Royal Table. I understand there's an initial meet w/ Cindarella, and then during the lunch 4-5 other princesses come through. With Memory Maker, would we get a photo with each princess? Or is that just a "hi", "bye".

I'm pretty sure that they don't have PhotoPass photographers at the character meals, but you can find a map of where the photographers are on the MDE app.

I love it for larger family groups who might not always spend every moment at the park together. It was hilarious for us to all get together at the end of the day and look at the various pictures of my younger family members on the thrill rides and meeting certain characters. Yes, we could take pics with our phones, but a lot of the Memory Pictures were much better quality.

I am not aware of a map, but they are at multiple spots and will take multiple poses, plus magic shots will be included in some. Some, but not all of the character meets have them. In all honesty, for a 1-day trip is one of the few times I would consider it not being worth it.
There is a photographer with Cinderella, but the other princesses do not have their own when they visit your table.

In my opinion, it's one of the best values at WDW. I usually come home with around 500 photos. Since prints cost about $15 each buying from Disney, if you even get 10 pictures you like, you've made your money back. I get WAY more than ten out of all the ones we have taken. Family pictures in front of each park icon, magic shots, ride photos...those are worth it to me. Plus there are lots of other photographers around the park in front of all kinds of fun scenery. Even better, many of the photobooths are hooked up to the system, and you get digital copies of the photobooth strips AND the individual pictures that make up the photostrips. Oh, and some ride videos are included as well! Tower of Terror and 7 Dwarfs do videos. Sometimes, there are magic shot style videos too, where characters walk into your still photos and do fun things.

But...

it really just comes down to what you find value in. For me, the pictures are fun, and many are something I wouldn't have if the photographer just took my camera or phone (in terms of magic shots, photobooth, etc...)

Good luck making your decision and have an amazing trip!!

This. I would never not do MM. Worth every penny. Love not having to worry about taking my own pictures. Love that the whole family can be in so many pictures. Love MM.

I'm one of the few that didn't get it and didn't really miss it. I have tons of great pictures from the trip that I took for free.

Interesting seeing an old quote of mine.

We DID get the MM for our last trip in December, and I wouldn’t do it again. My kids complained just about every time I tried to stop and have pictures taken (and many of the lines were super long). And the quality was not good at all.

I DID like having the ride photos, but not to the tune of $169.

I likely would not purchase it again.

I am not aware of a map, but they are at multiple spots and will take multiple poses, plus magic shots will be included in some. Some, but not all of the character meets have them. In all honesty, for a 1-day trip is one of the few times I would consider it not being worth it.
There is a photographer with Cinderella, but the other princesses do not have their own when they visit your table.
WDWFan0813, thanks for the Royal Table photo info. I guess we'll try to take our own as the other princesses come around.

I did find 2 sources for a map of where the PhotoPass photographers are:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/photopass.htm#locations
and
Use the MyDisneyExperience app on your phone/device. Tap on the MickeyEars to expose the map. On the scrollbar across the top, choose PhotoPass. It will display where every photographer is. There are a bunch more than what are listed on the website I posted above.

WDWFan0813, thanks for the Royal Table photo info. I guess we'll try to take our own as the other princesses come around.

I did find 2 sources for a map of where the PhotoPass photographers are:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/photopass.htm#locations
and
Use the MyDisneyExperience app on your phone/device. Tap on the MickeyEars to expose the map. On the scrollbar across the top, choose PhotoPass. It will display where every photographer is. There are a bunch more than what are listed on the website I posted above.
And thank you! Glad we could help each other out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!