Just checking - does the bus still run betw WL, FW and MK?

sharadoc

Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.
Hi. In another thread we were discussing transportation options and I brought up the bus that runs between Magic Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge and the Fort, and goes to Settlement rather than Outpost. Is that bus still running? We haven't been to the Fort in a couple of years (be back in March! Yippee!), but I remember it running last time we were there.

It was running back in October. We were in costume heading from the 1800 loop to the marina on our way to MNSSHP so the bus driver knew where we were heading. As we got to the bus stop, the MK bus also pulled up and our driver said it would be quicker to take the bus. We never really considered taking a bus to MK since the boat rides are so nice, but it was a quick ride and you get dropped off pretty close.

It was running back in October. We were in costume heading from the 1800 loop to the marina on our way to MNSSHP so the bus driver knew where we were heading. As we got to the bus stop, the MK bus also pulled up and our driver said it would be quicker to take the bus. We never really considered taking a bus to MK since the boat rides are so nice, but it was a quick ride and you get dropped off pretty close.

thanks, I'll let the other thread know.

I asked a bus driver this question this morning :rolleyes1 (I know, I know....)

The MK-FW direct bus ONLY runs after about 3pm primarily to facilitate people coming to and from Hoop Dee Doo and Trails End. The Magic Kingdom is an easy transfer point for those staying at other resorts or off-site and gives people a non-boat option. A direct bus is NOT an option in the morning to get to MK.

However, the morning (and anytime) still provides a transfer option with a bus from the Settlement Depot to Wilderness Lodge then you have to get off and transfer to a WL bus going to MK.

Just wanted to clarify.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter