Just can't wait!!

ssilykids

Earning My Ears
Hello,

This is the best web-site ever. I was so excited to have found it. I am not the best of surfers. DH and I just found out that his brother and sister-in-law and their two daughters will be traveling with us in the RV to FW.
I am a little worried about the over-crowding, but we all get along great. This is the first time that all five of the kids will get to enjoy Disney together. Did I mention how excited I am.
The kids range in age from 7 to 2. Think I am nuts yet.
My only question is this, the last thread I posted everyone suggested we rent golf carts for camp transportation. Does anyone happen to know how much a cart that big would cost us. I am just not sure wether or not it is in the budget. After all raising three of these five kids is very expensive.
I hope that someday they all five realize how many sacrifices are made so that they can enjoy these dream vacations.
Thanks for the site, and the info in advance. Your site and the information from the many disney enthusiasts is wonderful.
Thanks, Sandi

It sounds like you will have a great time!! The kids will love having all the room to run around (as opposed to staying in a hotel) and you'll enjoy the peaceful surroundings to come "home" to after a busy day at the parks! :)

A golf cart runs around $40/day and they seat 4 people. I've heard that there are a few larger carts, but I'm not sure how much they rent for. Maybe someone else here knows? I'm sure you will have to call FW (ask for the Bike Barn) and reserve one ahead of time, because they probably go fast!

I'm sure, when your kids get older, they will appreciate the trips you took with them! We've been taking our son since he was 5 (he's 19 now!) and he still talks about all the trips we've taken to FW (he still comes with too!) :)

When are you going?

There are a very few 3 seat carts that will seat 6 large adults. You can probably fit your bunch in one. I am not sure on the price but I think they go for about $55-60 a day. I know the carts are expensive but they really make a big difference. FW is a very large campground. We only get one every now and then because of the expense but we just have so much more fun and get to do more of the campground activities when we have a cart. I would at least try to get one for the days you stay in the campground.

:wave:
I will try to call today or tomorrow and find out about those golf cart prices. The sister-in-law wants me to ask about bug repellant.

Here in Arkansas, we don't need any until about May, but I don't know about Florida in March. Should we bring it with us?

When I was on the site before, someone emailed me with a web address where they had a map of FW. If any one has that web address, could you please pass it along. We were wanting to look at it to decide if there was a particular loop we wanted to try and ask for.

Thanks in advance.
Sandi

Tim has made a very nice site on his website for FW. It includes a map. The Quote is from a post Tim did in reply to the thread about trail to WL. I am not sure the link will transfer in the quote. If not you can find it in the other thread.

If you don't have a map, I have one posted on the bottom of my Fort Wilderness Fun Facts and Information Web Page in .PDF format.

Well, it did not transfer, try this one

Tim's Fort Wilderness Fun Facts

Originally posted by Memph1s
Tim has made a very nice site on his website for FW. It includes a map. The Quote is from a post Tim did in reply to the thread about trail to WL. I am not sure the link will transfer in the quote. If not you can find it in the other thread.

Well, it did not transfer, try this one

Tim's Fort Wilderness Fun Facts

Memph1s,

Thanks for the plug for my site (even if we do hang out at different virtual campgrounds:eek: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter