Just came back from honeymoon.

jeank74

<font color=CC66CC>A happy newlywed!<br><font colo
We were there from Oct 24-28th using the Discovery Magic package. We stayed at the Polynesian and everything was the first for us. The package worked wonderfully.

Just a word of advise for future honeymooners.....wear the bride & groom ear hat. We didn't wear it for the first 2 days because it was hot and humid. We wore the bride & groom pin and only a few people noticed it. Although we had made a note on our reservation that we were there for honeymoon, waiters in restaurants didn't care without the ear hat. During the vacation, we saw 2 other couples wearing the hats. So it is not common. When you wear it, people around will say "congratulations!" and make you feel you are special. DH couldn't endure the heat, so only me wearing the hat most of the time. But that was okay since he was always next to me.

Any question?

Hi JeanK74,

First off, CONGRATS to u and ur DH!!!

We are also honeymooning in WDW in Dec., everyone's been telling us to wear the ears...did u guys get any upgrades or anything special?

DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon in September we got alot of upgrades and alot of special treatment even though we had the ears we didnot wear them all the time but we always said we were on are honeymoon and we got special treatment even by the maid service for our room. :D

thank you all for the blessing!

Yes, we did receive special treatments from here and there. First of all, our garden view room has a partial lagoon view. Then, first night dining at the Jiko, we received a honeymoon card from the staff. At the test track, the staff offered us a no-wait card for the next round. At Cindy's, our dining table was dusted with pixie dust and we got a great window seat. The waiter there gave us a pair of Cindy's glasses, which are very pretty. At the Brown Derby, we were offered with champagne. But since we don't drink, we declined it.

So it was a magical vacation after all.

:teeth: Wow, sounds like you guys had a blast! Leave it to Disney to make someone's Honeymoon (or any special occassion at that) a VERY special and memorable one!

Yay!!! Now we're REALLY excited!!! Thanks for the info!;)

Can you tell me where you purchased your ears??

We are planning on going to DTD before we check in at the WL to pick up a pair or two (an extra pair for our Honeymooning friends Queenie and Jay). Do you know which store or hotel might have them??

thanks so much

disneymooners:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Disneymooners,

The ear hats are everywhere in all three parks as well as DTD. I went to the Contemporary, Polynesian and AKL and I didn't see these ear hats there. They might be available in the GF. If you are heading toward the DTD, you can find it at the World of Disney. If you have Amex or Disney Club, you can receive 10% for a minimum purchase of $25 before tax. For Amex, you get a deeper 15% if your total reaches $50 before tax. The hat is $10 each. We got ours in Magic Kingdom at the hat store near the entrance. Don't forget to ask for hairpins so that you can secure the Bride Ear properly. I would also recommend you to hang on to the shopping bag just in case the weather is too hot for your DH to wear the black hat.

Hope it helps.

Congrats on your nuptuals and honeymoon. My DH and I leave in exactly 2 weeks for our honeymoon. We are also staying at the polynesean on the Discovery Magic plan. I was wondering how you stay was at the resort and if you used any of your wishes for "extra" stuff (ie spa, water mice rentals, etc.).

Unfortunately my DH has threatened me with bodily harm if I make him wear the hat though he has agreed to wear the pins. Did you get the pins at the same place as the hats?

Hope our honeymoon is as wonderful as yours. Congrats again and thanks.

kissygoose,

Congratulations to your upcoming wedding!!!! I bet you are all excited and looking forward to the honeymoon in WDW.

Our stay at the Poly was very wonderful. We got to stay at Poly because of the closure of CBR. So that was a great start. Our room was in the Tokelau building. It was suppose to be a garden view room, but they put us at the end of the building and we had a lagoon view room!!!!! wow.... There was a rose and a card in our room when we checked in. That was a nice touch. The CMs there are just fine, not specially nice nor mean to us.

It was my DH's first time to WDW and my second time in 10 years. So we spent a lot of time in the parks. Therefore, we used all of our wishes for meals. Hence, I couldn't tell you anything other than the meals. If you want to know how we feel about using wishes for meals, it was a wonderful experience. Food at WDW is sooooooooo $$$$$$. Since it was a honeymoon, we went to fancy restaurants for dinner. We went to Jiko, Chef Du France, Cindy's Royal Table, Brown Derby, and then Wolfgang Puck for lunch on the last day. We also had three character Bfast at Ohana, Chef Mickey's and H & V. We saved about at least a hundred dollars or more.

My DH did not want to wear the hat at the beginning. That's why we didn't start with the hats on the first day. As the day went by, we saw couples wearing hats and my DH started to change his mind. So we got them on the 3rd day of the trip. It was also hot so he only wore it when the weather was cool.

I got my pins on Ebay, but you can also get them in Poly. You will find them at a cart which sells you Pins in the lobby. Also, pins are everywhere in Disney.

You will have a wonderful honeymoon at WDW for sure.

Best regards!

Congrats to all above! We too are honeymooning in Dec. My FW has already decided that we are getting the hats when we are there for Thanksgiving so that we have them when we check in for the honeymoon in Dec. at BWV. I've already begged and pleaded with MS for the villa we had last year during NYE.

She has also tried to order the M&M bride and groom pins from DL but has had no luck. I guess they are nicer than the ones at WDW. Does anybody have the phone number for DL where we can order these?

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I bought my pins off Ebay, which has a wide selections of pins if you do a search. You just type in "mickey groom pin" and you will get a long list of pins available.

good luck!

Congrats to everyone!!!! We're leaving in 1 1/2 days for our honeymoon andwe can't wait (we were marreid 3 months ago)!! We're psending a week on land with the Deluxe Magic plan and then a week on the cruise!! We already have our ears (DH will ahve to carry his on the plane since it doens't fit in the bag) and I got my hairclips and we're ready to go! DH is agreeing to wearing the hats but doesn't want to every day so we also have plain Bride & Groom t-shirts (not from Disney) that werebringing to wear as well. We have our pins, which I got off Ebay a few months ago and we'l wear those as well. I've heard nothing but wonderful things from everyone who has honeymooned at WDW so I'm sure we'll have the same great experience!!

Lisa & Scott,

Sounds like you are all set for your honeymoon. For sure you will have a romantic vacation at WDW.

Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter