Just booked my first DCL cruise!!! (Any tips welcome)

I watch cruise vlogs while I work (yes, I can do both at the same time!) - various vloggers and cruise lines. This January (2020) has had some exciting seas out there - more using tugs to dock, rough seas, people who've been on multiple cruises sick for the first time. When we did DCL Feb. 2019 the seas were really rough out of PC. It's normal for that passing to be rougher than the rest of the cruise, but this was significantly rougher than previous cruises.

Because you have to deal with carseat, etc., I would park in the cruise terminal. If I had to save money I would opt for a "cheap" hotel/dinner the night before the cruise and park at the port. It's easier, safer, you have all your stuff right there.

Thank you for serving our Country! As for your question regarding the hotels you mentioned, you can't go wrong for either Boardwalk or Beachclub - I love them both. At night by the Boardwalk, there's mini entertainment along the pier. Another plus...you're close Epcot since it's in walking distance. As for the on cruise activities, lots to do! My family always likes the VIP Character Breakfast.

Thank you for serving our Country! As for your question regarding the hotels you mentioned, you can't go wrong for either Boardwalk or Beachclub - I love them both. At night by the Boardwalk, there's mini entertainment along the pier. Another plus...you're close Epcot since it's in walking distance. As for the on cruise activities, lots to do! My family always likes the VIP Character Breakfast.
Thank you very much

I watch cruise vlogs while I work (yes, I can do both at the same time!) - various vloggers and cruise lines. This January (2020) has had some exciting seas out there - more using tugs to dock, rough seas, people who've been on multiple cruises sick for the first time. When we did DCL Feb. 2019 the seas were really rough out of PC. It's normal for that passing to be rougher than the rest of the cruise, but this was significantly rougher than previous cruises.

Because you have to deal with carseat, etc., I would park in the cruise terminal. If I had to save money I would opt for a "cheap" hotel/dinner the night before the cruise and park at the port. It's easier, safer, you have all your stuff right there.
Yeah January might be a little rougher than later in the year.

We have seen PATs enforced at PC once. They made earlier arrivals wait by the side of the podium where they verify your IDs before heading into the terminal. It was near the start of the process and the terminal was packed when we got in. I think that was before they made everyone wait on the third floor of the parking structure to enter.
So does everyone enter on the 3rd floor now?

So does everyone enter on the 3rd floor now?
No. There's an entrance on ground level (where the people being dropped off via private transport/buses/rental car shuttles are).

And there's an entrance on the 3rd level of the parking structure.

No. There's an entrance on ground level (where the people being dropped off via private transport/buses/rental car shuttles are).

And there's an entrance on the 3rd level of the parking structure.
Oh ok. So still two ways to enter then.

Oh ok. So still two ways to enter then.
Yes, but if you arrive before the terminal opens, it seems they do not allow you to enter through the ground floor and ask you to wait in line in the parking structure. Michael Kay filmed is arrival at the terminal a few days ago. He went downstairs after parking and was sent to the end of the line on the third floor.

Yes, but if you arrive before the terminal opens, it seems they do not allow you to enter through the ground floor and ask you to wait in line in the parking structure. Michael Kay filmed is arrival at the terminal a few days ago. He went downstairs after parking and was sent to the end of the line on the third floor.
Right, I seen that and that had me confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter