Just booked for a week - questions

dachsie

DIS Veteran
So I just booked a stay at Aulani and the person who helped me book couldnt answer some what I thought would be simple questions:

When can I book dining reservations?
When can I book luau?
When can I book excursions?
When can I book spa services?

I found it odd that she couldn't answer these questions. Can anyone help me out?

I don't think its odd the person didn't know because these things aren't as important to be booked on "opening day" like WDW reservations are. Frankly, I'm not even sure what the absolute earliest is. IMO, cabanas are the most important thing to book as early as possible.

You can always call Aulani directly to ask if no one responds on here. I was able to email the spa to book my appointment about 4 months out and had my choice of day and time. My dining reservations I did 4-5 months out, and moved one about 3 months out, and had no issue. We did travel in September which is a slower time of year.

I believe the luau can be booked around 6 months out as well.

But as nkereina said, its not as critical that you book the moment it opens like WDW. We went in October last year and I booked luau about 6 weeks out, character dinner for 7 (our only dining reservation) 3 weeks out and spa 2 weeks out and there was still plenty of availability. If we had been going in summer or over the holidays I might have booked a bit earlier but its definitely not a get up and book when the window opens kind of place.

I am not sure about excursions but I'd encourage you to look into some of those things on your own as they are often a bit cheaper that way. We did a catamaran snorkel sail from nearby Ko Olina harbor that was wonderful (and I suspect is the same one you can book as an excursion) and was very easy to book directly. I also booked that about 3 weeks out and there was plenty of availability.

I believe the luau can be booked around 6 months out as well.

But as nkereina said, its not as critical that you book the moment it opens like WDW. We went in October last year and I booked luau about 6 weeks out, character dinner for 7 (our only dining reservation) 3 weeks out and spa 2 weeks out and there was still plenty of availability. If we had been going in summer or over the holidays I might have booked a bit earlier but its definitely not a get up and book when the window opens kind of place.

I am not sure about excursions but I'd encourage you to look into some of those things on your own as they are often a bit cheaper that way. We did a catamaran snorkel sail from nearby Ko Olina harbor that was wonderful (and I suspect is the same one you can book as an excursion) and was very easy to book directly. I also booked that about 3 weeks out and there was plenty of availability.
Thank you. I was unaware that the timing wasn't as critical so that makes me feel better. As for the excursions, I am going solo so I feel its my best option for safety reasons. I figured what other way would I get to see Hawaii besides a Disney property where I will feel safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter