Just booked DCL Dream

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
Just booked our first Disney cruise, it will be DH, DD7 and myself. We are going to WDW for 3 nights prior to sailing on the dream for 3 nights going to Nassau and castaway island. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Welcome to the world of Disney Cruising! :goodvibes

I agree with mevelandry. There have been quite a few first time cruiser threads in the past few months so I am sure you will find plenty of tips. If you come up with any specific questions feel free to ask. Happy Planning!

Most importantly, know that there is so much to see and do that you can't do it all. Pick out some priority activities, then allow extra time to just enjoy the ship and the other folks on your cruise.

we booked the early dining since we have a 7 year old.
My daughter wants to do the BBB when do we have to book that.

we booked the early dining since we have a 7 year old.
My daughter wants to do the BBB when do we have to book that.

As a new cruiser, you can book things like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at 75 days prior to embarkation.

Okay thank you. Also can you book meet and greet with the characters too
When you can book, look for onboard activities to book, there may be some you can pre book. They will also mention there are many meet and greets on board that you cannot pre book. I am assuming you have set up a DCL internet account. Download the cruise line Navigator and set the ticker going so you always can see how many days until your cruise! ( for us, it is 58 days!):)

Remember there are washer and dryers on board so you can pack a bit less if you don't mind doing some laundry on the cruise.

What's the place holder?
You can book your next cruise while on board. And your get 10% off the full price. The only thing, they ask for a $250 deposit and you'll have I believe up to 18 months to put a date on your reservation.

What's the place holder?

A placeholder is a booking for a future DCL cruise with the specifics yet to be determined. For a $250 deposit, you will get to book a future cruise at 10% off (as long as it is non-concierge) and enjoy an onboard credit of $100 (cruises of 2-6 nights) or $200 (cruises 7 nights or longer). You will also pay a reduced deposit for cruises 7 nights or longer. You just have to sail within 24 months of the date that you booked the placeholder.

To book the placeholder, go to the Disney Vacation Planning room on Deck 4 by Shutters. You can either pick up a form to fill out and drop it off or talk to a CM there to do the booking.

And I agree with the PP, totally worth it!!

A placeholder is a booking for a future DCL cruise with the specifics yet to be determined. For a $250 deposit, you will get to book a future cruise at 10% off (as long as it is non-concierge) and enjoy an onboard credit of $100 (cruises of 2-6 nights) or $200 (cruises 7 nights or longer). You will also pay a reduced deposit for cruises 7 nights or longer. You just have to sail within 24 months of the date that you booked the placeholder.

To book the placeholder, go to the Disney Vacation Planning room on Deck 4 by Shutters. You can either pick up a form to fill out and drop it off or talk to a CM there to do the booking.

And I agree with the PP, totally worth it!!
But do it during the first days otherwise the line gets ugly :sad2:

My other suggestion is if you think there might be the possibility of getting an upgrade, budget for that as well, at least if you are interested in getting one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter