Just booked / Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night! - Thoughts?

MarkinNM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
Ok gang, my wife and I both love doing different things, and now Disney has a new dining experience in the Animal Kingdom.....

Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night

It actually sounds pretty cool but yea it is a bit expensive but hey we are on vacation and in Disney so why not, I know this is new and does not start till July but seriously contemplating it.......

Last edited:
$125 for adults, with all the food/drinks/entertainment offered, actually looks like a decent value (for WDW, that is). $99 for children 3-9 sounds like a cash grab.

$125 for adults, with all the food/drinks/entertainment offered, actually looks like a decent value (for WDW, that is). $99 for children 3-9 sounds like a cash grab.

I hear you, might be their way of curtailing the kids a bit, or least it sounds like to me without outright saying no kids.....

I didn't even know about FOTLK package. The tier 1 package with the Safari looks fun.

Wanyama Safari is much more expensive, but the safari part is very "up close and personal" since it takes place on the savannah at AKL. The Jiko dinner was terrific and is kind of a "best of Jiko" selection, served family style.

If there is any drawback, the experience is affected by the others in attendance, since everyone dines at the same table. There were a few sour-pusses, which made the dinner a bit awkward (I was thankful for the unlimited wine). I wouldn't hesitate to try it again, however. I found it to be a better "premium experience" than the even-more-expensive Wild Africa Trek. The two are very different, so any comparison is just on a bang for the buck basis.

I didn't even know about FOTLK package. The tier 1 package with the Safari looks fun.

Wanyama Safari is much more expensive, but the safari part is very "up close and personal" since it takes place on the savannah at AKL. The Jiko dinner was terrific and is kind of a "best of Jiko" selection, served family style.

If there is any drawback, the experience is affected by the others in attendance, since everyone dines at the same table. There were a few sour-pusses, which made the dinner a bit awkward (I was thankful for the unlimited wine). I wouldn't hesitate to try it again, however. I found it to be a better "premium experience" than the even-more-expensive Wild Africa Trek. The two are very different, so any comparison is just on a bang for the buck basis.

Ahhhhh, that was my thinking with the "difficult" ones and we all know there is always one who is "difficult" and can set the mood back for everyone, sorry it happened to you.......

I contemplated the Wanyama Safari but in booking the FOTLK dinning package and that includes a safari, all be it on the ride in the park, I figured this was different enough to go for it and no "family style" dining per say and get to spend time in the park and eat and drink sounds like a nice way to end the day, I just booked it so we will find out.........thanks for your input....

just saw it, and it looks fun. Doesn't seem terrible for the price for adults.

What I was thinking, I saw the DIS-UNPLUGGED briefly talk about it and they basically dis'd it.......ha.....anyhow it sound like a fun night with food and drinks....so booked it as it looks like a very limited event........looking forward to it!!

Has anybody done this type of event before? The park hours are listed till 8:30 and the event starts at 6, do they block out this park of the park for the event?

We did this on 12/18 and loved it. It was just two of us and comparably priced to any other paid event. The food and alcohol flowed and IMO, it was worth the money, comparatively speaking. We enjoyed the food, entertainment, and variety of drinks. It was peaceful being in the park after the masses left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter