Just Back ....

Ang1e

Mouseketeer
...and want to go back!

We stayed at the Santa Fe. Having stayed at the Cheyenne & S Lodge before we chose this one because :

1 Knew we wouldn't get to use the pool at SL
2 Can't justify paying more for the Cheyenne when rooms, walk to park and food are similar.

The room was clean, few loose floor tiles in the bathroom but we overlooked that because of the cleanliness. Food was good and portions were HUGE!

Had a great time:)

Thought it would be more crowded - walked straight onto most rides esp RNRC & Indiana Jones ride.

The most queues we saw were in at the Fantasyland rides.

We had the included breakfast in Fantasyland one morning, I believe this is something you can do if you stay at SF, Cheyenne or SLodge. It was good to get to the park early and have a wonder round after the train dropped us off in FLand.

Warning for anyone going over Halloween - the Halloween hairdressers..... the kids look great with their hair coloured and spikey but it's mainly backcombed, took aaaaages to comb through it and was sooo tempted to shaved it all off! Have to say thought that DD loved all the attention she kept getting round the park :earsgirl:

All in all we had a great time - apart from DS who wasn't feeling well but was still dragged around but his wicked parents. Felt really sorry for him on our last night at Chef Mickey's, he looked so sad & poorly and didn't muster up much enthusiasm for the characters. Although Tigger made him smile by whipping his woolly hat off and trying it on.

Spent yesterday wandering around the shopping mall and then went back to Disney Village for lunch then back to the airport and home :(

So we're back now and DD is feeling unwell! Jinxed trip or what?!

Still wanna go back though ::MinnieMo

Ang

hey there

shame about the kids but at least u enjoyed urself tho rite?
just wonderin how did u cope with the language barrier on some of the rides, i goin on saturday with my gf and cant speak a wor dof french, ive mentioned this before but seein as uve just come back i was wonderin how it went?
stayin in the S lodge as well, cant wait to go

2days to go yay

Hi Ang1e,
Glad you had a good trip,shame about your son being ill though(almost always happens to us too!).
I notice that you have stayed at Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge before.Which did you and your kids prefer?
DH,two boys (age 8 and 6 )and I are going in January and I want to stay in Sequoia.The three boys,however loved Cheyenne when we stayed in Jan 2002.I need to make a decision within the next week so I either need to do some persuading or admit defeat as I am outnumbered 3 to 1!

Also to disneydavey,I look forward to you trip report as it might help with my choice of hotel.
On the subject of the language barrier,last time we went everyone we spoke to understood english very well so don't worry.
Have a great time.
Tina

disneydave - the language really isn't a problem. At the shows the cast speak English and French so you can follow it all. As for the rides it's quite funny when the music starts and you start to sing the words you know along with the French words being played!

tmp - I can quite honestly say if you think you will be using the pool go to the Sequoia - if not the Cheyenne or Santa Fe. The only difference, I feel, between the last 2 are - Santa Fe is cheaper & then it just depends if you prefer to have 2 double beds or 1 double and a set of bunks. From what I can remember of the SL - 7 years ago! - the rooms are the same size as the Santa Fe ones.

DD age 10 and I wandered over to the Cheyenne one night, because we were thinking of going there for dinner, and she said she didn't think there was much defference between the 2. We looked at the menu & she prefered the one at the SFe.

So basically if you want to treat yourself to nicer surroundings go for SL if not I would chose the SFe. Good luck!

Ang

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter