• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
Just got back from our 7 night stay at FW and here are a few observations.

FW was awesome, so relaxing and it was fun to be in the tent (although I am now covered in mosquito bites)

MNSSHP-a blast on 10/16 but it was quite busy, things quieted down a bit after the 10 o clock parade.

We Drove I-75 down was 22 hours from Burlington to Orlando, home we went 95/77/79 was about 21 hours but much less traffic.

Rented Pal Mickey, was not impressed, not much info but lots of lame jokes, glad we didn't pay the $60.

Food & Wine we were there opening day and it was a ZOO! They have a few kinks to work out.

Mickey's Philharmagic and Wishes were both awesome.

Any questions let me know!

Welcome Home. Did you stick around for the food and wine festival and if so I am curious on how you liked it.

Welcome back! I've always wanted to go down for the Halloween Party and the Food and Wine fest ... Maybe some day :p

I'm curious about Pal Mickey because I was planning on picking one up... did you think it was more for kids? Was it a pain to carry around to the parks for the day?

We did stick it out for Food & Wine and it was fantastic. We ate at Japan, Poland, France, Australia, Germany and I can't even remember where else. The items were all about $3-$4.

In regards to Pal Mickey I was just expecting more. Like tips and inside info. But it was all pretty generic and nothing to interesting. I would say rent it and check it out but definitely not worth $60.::MickeyMo

Welcome back dsneygirl! I thought MNSSHP was great too. Ours was not too bad # of people-wise, but it was only the second party. I wish the F & W Festival had started before my trip ended though.

welcome back dsneygirl:D
i am interested in pal mickey as well, i was planning on surprising my dd with this on our upcoming trip. did you rent it for just one day? which park did you have him for?
thanks
kathe:D

We were there for MNSSHP on the 3rd and it was awesome. Worth the whole trip. My DH purchased Pal Mickey on our second last day and then forgot to bring him to the park with us. We opened it when we got home but haven't played the games yet. The good news is that you can bring him back with you next time. And since I have three sisters who go as often as we do, our Pal Mickey will be a regular visitor to Orlando. They intend to update the systems in the parks on a regular basis so that you are supposed to get new information everytime you're there.
I'm not sure if that's true but we'll see.

I just put it down to a nice souvenir and move on. Lots of people had them in the parks and they didn't seem to be much of a nuisance. They just had them hooked to their pant loops.

We bought a Pal Mickey. We told each of our boys that they had $50 to spend(he was $60). My eldest chose PMickey. He carried him the majority of the time and he enjoyed it. I was a little frustrated with it. I was hoping he would say more. DS also forgot him a few times, but I managed to notice he didn't have him on his body and we quickly went back to where he was left.
I have to say it's more of a souvenir than an information source.
We went on the first night of MNSSHP and it was crowded. We all really enjoyed it!pirate:

We have had our Pal Mickey with us for the last two trips and the kids really enjoyed having him.
We found he is the most informative at DAK park. If you do the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail it's as if you have your own personal tour guide.
The best tip for Pal Mickey I found is to get a bottle strap (the ones you hang water bottles from) and attach Pal Mickey to it. This way you don't have to keep watching him incase he disappears (!), you have your hands free, and you can feel him vibrate when he has something to say.
He also passes the time for the kids when standing in line with the games he plays.
We really like our Pal Mickey! ::MickeyMo

I guess I'm in the minority then but Pal Mickey just didn't do anything for us. We just clipped him on my purse strap which worked fine. But would definitely not spend the $60.

We had him at Epcot and a little bit at MK before we had to return them.

So glad you had a good time...when's the next trip...??!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter