• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back - Where we ate/What it cost

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
We’re back from our New Jersey Week visit. Here’s a rundown of where we ate and what we spent for food during the trip. Happy to answer any questions.

Cast of characters: Me, my wife, our daughter age 8 and my mother-in-law

All breakfasts in Florida were eaten in our condo with food we bought at the supermarket. On the road to and from, the hotels where we spent the nite included breakfast.

11/1 On the road to Florida
Lunch - Wendy’s; Dinner - Waffle House

11/2
Lunch - Sweet Tomatoes on I-Drive; Dinner - Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD

11/3
Lunch - Crystal Palace (MK); Dinner - Casey’s Corner (MK)

11/4
Lunch - Sunshine Season Food Fair (EC); Dinner - Flippers Pizza (Old Town)

11/5
Lunch - Rosie’s (MGM); Dinner - Condo

11/6
Lunch - Shoney’s (off-site); Dinner - Cosmic Ray’s (MK)

11/7
Lunch - Kona Kafe (Poly); Dinner - Giordano’s (off-site)

11/8 On the road home
Lunch - KFC; Dinner - Denny’s

11/9
Lunch - Sbarro’s

Total food spending for 3 adults and 1 child age 8 was $575 or $143.75 per person or $16.91 per person per day.
This includes the above meals, all snacks and groceries.

what was rosie's like if you don't mind my asking..do you know if the menu is pretty much what's on the wdwig. site

Thanks for the reviews

We have eaten at Rosie's the last 2 times we've been at MGM (because of time/location) & have never liked it. Quite honestly, it is worse than McDonald's. (and I like McD's! ::yes:: ) Try to find a better place!

Originally posted by jann1033
what was rosie's like if you don't mind my asking..do you know if the menu is pretty much what's on the wdwig. site

Thanks for the reviews

I'll have to disagree with Tiffany. I certainly wouldn't promote Rosie's as a gourmet spot, but we eat there every trip. Its one of the few places that serves veggie burgers, which is what I always get there. My daughter got chicken strips. My wife and MIL got burgers and were perfectly happy with them.

I wouldn't set foot in a McDonalds unless it was to buy a particularly good Happy Meal toy.

jann1033 - the menu is exactly as it appears at wdwig

Steve

We always like to get a hog dog and coke at Casey's.I think you hit some great spots.::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter