Just back! What a glorious Christmas trip!

CJK

DIS Veteran
I plan on writing a trip report and will post here when I've done day one. What a wonderful trip! It was very cold though (relatively speaking - ha ha). I wore a fleece and jacket everyday. Only for about an hour each afternoon did I just wear a t-shirt and jeans.

We did all the Christmas festivities (Osborne lights, tree lighting ceremonies, Candlelight processional and MVMCP). Crowds were heavy (was American Thanksgiving) but we managed with fastpass and parkhopping to less busy parks. We had a wonderful time! Feel free to ask any questions!

Welcome back CJK! :wave: Looking forward to reading your trip report! Very glad to hear that you had a great time despite the chilly temps and crowds. Guess you wish you were back in "cold" Orlando now! :p

Welcome back CJK! I can't wait to read your trip report! How were the crowds and lineups ... I'm hoping to go to Disney next December and I want to see all the Christmas decorations :p

Welcome home CJK, I know what you mean about Orlando being chilly. We were there during the US Thanksgiving 2 years ago and it got pretty cool at nights then too! Glad to hear you still had a fantastic time!:sunny:

welcome back, glad you had such a good trip. dd and i are hoping to go next dec, i am looking forward to reading your trip report.did you stay on disney property and visit any other resorts? if so, what were your favorites for xmas decorations?

kathe:D

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone! I will likely start writing my trip report this afternoon. Will post here when I do. We stayed at All-Star Sports. We visited all of the deluxe resorts. The decorations were just terrific. I loved how the decorations tied in the overall theming of the resort (ie. yacht club had boats on their trees!!). Our favourite was the Grand Floridian. Absolutely stunning. The Wilderness Lodge was a close second. Animal Kingdom Lodge would be next I guess. If you visit there, try to go at night because the reflection of the decorations on the large windows is stunning. We really enjoyed strolling through all the boardwalk hotels. Fantastic!

The lines were very long (we went during the American Thanksgiving). But, we utilized fastpass as much as possible as well as early entry. We still managed to ride the rides we like at least once each if not more.

Thanks CJK for the decoration info. We can't wait to do the same sightseeing when we get there. We'll time the AKL's for night-time now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter