Just back today from DLP

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
We just returned this evening from DLP and would like to advise anyone going in the next day or two to take plenty of suncream, hats and shorts if you want to survive. The weather all week was unbearably hot and for the first time (and I never thought I would say it) I was glad to be coming home. Today it was about 35 degrees celcius which made it virtually impossible to enjoy the park. One positive point is that it did not rain once the entire time we were there. I dont know how typical this kind of heat is for Paris in May. We went once before in May and it was lovely. Jeans and tee-shirt wearing weather. We also went last year in the second week of June and while it was quite hot it was nowhere near what it was like this past week. I have to say that it was quite a relief to step off the plane to milder weather back home.
Just a question-has there been any further updates on booking for the Christmas season?

Cheers princess:

My goodness, that is HOT!!!:smooth:

Like you said, at least it did not rain but 35 is really too hot to enjoy the parks properly. I hope it won't be quite that hot for us in August!!!

Hope you had a lovely time in spite of the heat, any chance of a trippie once you've settled back home to all the lovely (not) mundane things like sorting out dirty washing, packing away suitcases etc:rotfl:

There isn't any news on the Christmas front yet. Although I've booked the Explorers independently I am also waiting for the Christmas brochure to come out so I can look to see what Christmas dinner shows are on and I will also be keeping my fingers crossed that there may be some Christmas fireworks this year.

Thanks for the warning Nicola.
We're off in the morning :banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :hourglass
But I think the weather is going to be cooler from tomorrow 70 F.
Total sun block is packed though.

DW's :love: colleage from work is already in the air. Her and DH & Ds took off 0630from Manchester for the Disneyland Hotel
Berwyn

BCT - gerroff the computer - youll miss your trip!!!
Hope you have a wondeful time and the weather is kind - look forward to hearing about it when you get back. :flower:

NO chance Widget :) :goodvibes

Not going to airport hotel and parking till this afternoon check in is4.30 am
Tomorrow.
can't sleep DS2's alarm still going off i'm convined he's deaf

Berwyn

I'm not a bad speller It's just that ther's more keys to the keyboard than I've got fingers :rotfl2: . and sometimes i miss
Berwyn

Looking at AOL weather forecast it now agrees with Lycos weather .I don't think we'll need suncream ,more a :umbrella: and a mac.
Do you think I shold start pcking now? we're off to airport hotel and parking this p.m. LOL DW :love: packedher case last night

Berwyn

That is hot :crazy:

On our visit last August we good weather for most of the visit, although 1 day of rain.

Reid

BCT said:
Do you think I shold start pcking now? we're off to airport hotel and parking this p.m. LOL DW :love: packedher case last night

Berwyn

You mean you pack your own case and don't expect DW to pack it for you?:rotfl2:

Oh yes. She doesn't make my sandwiches for work either. My dad always made his own so do I

Berwyn

Must admit that DH is always willing to make his sandwiches for work. I make them when I do the DD's packed lunches but if I am having a rare (very!) night out he will do them all. My late dad, on the other hand, was incapable of even making himself a cup of tea, let alone a sandwich!!!:rotfl:

my mum was the operating theatre sister in the local hospital, if they had an emergency in you'd never know what timeshe'd be home if on call.
Or she'd be home at 5 and be called out later till 2 or3 inthe morning.
So I was fully houstrained as ateenager.
Delyth said when we got married that iwas better at housekeeping and cooking than her.

Berwyn

DH never packs when we go away-but we will be half-way to our destination and he'll start saying 'did you remember to pack my coat/toothbrush/trousers' etc etc!!
It drives me MAD.:mad:
However he is not coming on this trip so thats one less thing to worry about.:teeth:
BTW Berwyn shouldn't you be packing instead of being on here.;)

Jeepers, that is HOT! Though I have to say it sounds preferable to the sub zero temps we experienced last Feb ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter