Just back - the dogs are tired

Kirby

DIS Veteran
We, my 23 year old daughter and I, had a 11/29 - 12/7 split stay at SOG and POR. We didn't purchase tickets until our arrival.

Crowd levels I feel were as predicted by EasyWDW. There are spots in the parks that just have high traffic areas. If you can get through them then you are good.

I liked the way Disney is trying to hide the construction by having murals or characters on the walls.

We didn't use FP much, didn't need to. We tried but never made rope drop but were close. We were able to score FPs for Anna and Elsa and Toy Story while we were there. Toy Story is my new favorite ride closely followed by Seven Dwarfs.

Some rides are not aging well like Buzz Lightyear. It could use a major overhaul.

We didn't ride anything with more than a 25 minute wait time, we just passed that ride by. Even then we got to ride and see everything we wanted.

Most of the CMs we met were very friendly and helpful. We only met one that was not, we just overlooked it.

Most of the bathrooms were clean. The worst bathroom was in Norway followed by the one by Trail's End restaurant.

The Christmas party fireworks are spectacular. I missed the party parade due to rain because we chose to watch the second one.

The afternoon parade, Festival of Fantasy?, was very good. We liked that one better than the Electric Light parade.

Our new favorite place to watch fireworks is on the bridge between Be Our Guest and Gaston's Tavern.

We didn't see many cranky kids or parents. But we did witness a near altercation at the Christmas party between two dads. Apparently their strollers side swiped each other in passing in the dark. We got out of there fast so we don't know what the outcome was but it was quickly coming to blows.

I love the Magic Band concept. I do wish we could have booked FP at more than one park per day.

We did a lot of things that we hadn't done before which was our goal. We had a great trip, park hopped a lot and hit three parks in one day.

I have started a dining review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358159 and a trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3355341 if you want to read about our trip in more detail.

Thank you Dan! We had a great time. It's been 12 years since my last time at WDW. It will be awhile before I'm back. I have some good memories to sustain me.

Thanks for reporting. Glad you had a nice trip!:goodvibes
We're finishing up our trip tomorrow, we also had a great time.

We were there the same time as you, OP. I commented to my DH on our drive home that I felt we encountered the fewest rude guests of any of our recent visits. (We typically go 3 times each year.) We did think there were more CMs who needed an attitude adjustment this time. Glad you had a good trip. The weather was mostly lovely!

Thanks for reporting. Glad you had a nice trip!:goodvibes
We're finishing up our trip tomorrow, we also had a great time.
:goodvibes

We were there the same time as you, OP. I commented to my DH on our drive home that I felt we encountered the fewest rude guests of any of our recent visits. (We typically go 3 times each year.) We did think there were more CMs who needed an attitude adjustment this time. Glad you had a good trip. The weather was mostly lovely!
Yes, the weather overall was good. It was the first time that we experienced rain on our trip. The other three times we somehow missed it.

The worst bathroom was in Norway followed by the one by Trail's End restaurant.

We had the same experience at the bathroom by Trail's End! Presumably a high traffic area with Hoop De Do Revue, and now enough CMs there to account for it. We walked over to the bathroom by the store on our way back to the boat launch and it was much cleaner!

Thank you Dan! We had a great time. It's been 12 years since my last time at WDW. It will be awhile before I'm back. I have some good memories to sustain me.
12 is too long, Susan. Make the next visit sooner. Memories are great, glad you had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter