Just back...Sept 8 -12

We were in WDW for a week last year late Aug/early Sept. including Labor Day and found crowds low, but since we only did the one day in Disney this year I won't compare except to say again that our day in MK was great!
We found the crowds to be low last labour day weekend as well. We left just before the labour day weekend this year. But the week leading up to labour day this year? As low as I've ever seen it. :thumbsup2

We were there September 6-13 and I was disappointed that the crowds levels predictions were off. We don't ride many of the popular rides, but some rides were still 20 minutes, which I think is too long to wait as most of them are not all that great. Crowds in the parks were thick and it seemed everyone was speaking Spanish.

We were there 9/5-9/12. We found the parks to be very manageable from Tuesday to Friday. We were at MK on 9/9 from 6:15 to close. From 8-9, we did tomorrow land Raceway, dumbo, met Goofy and Donald, rode 7 DMT twice and Winnie the Pooh three times. That was a pretty good hour I'd say. :)

Same here. At one point, my dh & I were waiting for the riverboat. We were just standing there quietly, and I noticed of the five different families around us, NONE were speaking English. It was a trend we noticed over and over during our stay.

we stayed 5 nights at al star music and the majority of the guests at that resort (aug 30- sept. 4) spoke spansih or portuguese... I was wondering if there was a special offer for south american guests at that time (muchlike there are special offers at times specifically for cnadians or UK residents)

on the 4th we moved over to Riverside and did not experience this.

Bell_curve.jpg

We were there Sept. 5-12th and were also surprised and a bit disappointed by the crowd levels. We were expecting the parks to be "dead" as so many people described them to be at this time of the year but that was definitely not the case. We also noticed a lot of visitors from South America and the UK. I'm beginning to think that either there's never a time of year that isn't crowded anymore or that we just don't have the best luck picking dates to go.

I'm beginning to think that either there's never a time of year that isn't crowded anymore or that we just don't have the best luck picking dates to go.

I think you are right on both points. There is no longer a slow time, and you did not luck out with the best dates as possible. Neither did we since we were there at the same time. Apparently, from multiple places I have read online, the week prior to our trip was much slower. There is no way to know in advance though. Sometimes that week prior to Labor Day has been busier and the week after slower :confused3

We were in Orlando 8/29-9/5, mostly at Universal but we did spend 12 hours in MK on the 4th. Both Universal parks were DEAD all 3 days we were there and everything was a walk on. MK on the 4th was awesome, we walked on everything all day except 7DMT. It never got higher than 50 minutes and often was at 40-45. BTMRR and Splash both never got higher than 25. PP got up to 60 but we'd done it earlier with no wait and a 10 minute wait.

We were in WDW for a week last year late Aug/early Sept. including Labor Day and found crowds low, but since we only did the one day in Disney this year I won't compare except to say again that our day in MK was great!

One reason was the hurricane threat. We heard many people cancelled their trips. One of the weather forecasts had the hurricane going straight up the middle of FL and Orlando taking a direct hit. A state of emergency was issued and panic ensued, there were pictures on the news of store shelves completely empty and lines at gas stations etc. We were watching the news in the hotel room and I asked DH if we should try to get out of Orlando so we didn't get stuck. I think that scared many people away.

I just got back from the 8th thru the 12th too. I must be comparing this trip to my last trip from last Aug. The crowds were amazing. Yea, they bottled up a bit a Mk on Thurs. but we were still able to ride everything with little to no wait. Most of the wait times posted on the boards were off. Not as long as they said it was. The 8th was an in credible pixie dust day for us. Pop room was ready at 8:30-9:00. Even saw 2 hidden Mickeys in the clouds that morning :) Every ride we hit we got to ride front row and totally missed the rain that hit MK that afternoon! What I noticed about this trip is that the people who were there were really enjoying themselves. Not stressed at all. Seemed like a lot of first timers because they just had such a great time on the rides and shows. From the South all the way up to Washington and Canada! We even got a bus ride all by ourselves from DD back to Pop. Amazing trip but the heat killed us. My sister and I titled our trip Heat and Feet 2015 :)

We were there Sept. 5-12th and were also surprised and a bit disappointed by the crowd levels. We were expecting the parks to be "dead" as so many people described them to be at this time of the year but that was definitely not the case. We also noticed a lot of visitors from South America and the UK. I'm beginning to think that either there's never a time of year that isn't crowded anymore or that we just don't have the best luck picking dates to go.

Yeah, I think the slowest week is the week AFTER Labor Day, but it isn't slow by the "old" standards where the park was empty. I don't think the parks are empty anymore and when people say "empty" it just means "busy" as opposed to REALLY busy. We also noticed many many Canadians, and folks from the UK as well as South America.

I'm really thinking my family has made a terrific boo-boo by booking over Columbus day! Crowd calendars show that weekend in the (yellow) but I"m fearful that it will be red! But I'm hoping for some extended park hours to ease the pain. I'm sure the actual weekend will be busy -especially EPCOT with FW and the halloween party is only on Monday and Tuesday that week. Just hoping crowds thin after Columbus day...

We were there 8/29 to 9/7 and the first half was the usual low crowds we're used to, but the Labour Day weekend itself was noticeably busier than it has been previous years. Sounds like it carried over into the week after.

I'm really thinking my family has made a terrific boo-boo by booking over Columbus day! Crowd calendars show that weekend in the (yellow) but I"m fearful that it will be red! But I'm hoping for some extended park hours to ease the pain. I'm sure the actual weekend will be busy -especially EPCOT with FW and the halloween party is only on Monday and Tuesday that week. Just hoping crowds thin after Columbus day...

I think if you do rope drop it will be fine.

There Sept 4-13. Crowds very low. Rain ruined night of joy on Saturday but we opted out on tickets anyway. Love going this time of year. Booked bounce back for same time next year with free dining.

For the person who asked about the Everest Ride...I hated it from the moment we started going backwards. It was way too rough for my body - I just tried to breath deep to get through it and prayed for it to end. Literally, I thought I'd die if I had to stay on that coaster any longer than I did. I remained ill for about two hours and was completely done for the day. Heed the warning on that one - if you are prone to motion sickness or have ANY health issues (high blood pressure or low blood pressure, and many more) just don't take the chance.

Having said that, I can do Star Tours and Big Thunder Mtn and Splash Mtn.

AGREE! :thumbsup2 I could not get out of the gift shop quick enough as I felt like I was going to either pass out or hurl!

And having said that, I could do Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain and SDMT all day long :confused3

My DD and I were there 9/2-9/7 this year and the crowds were very low the first three days then the holiday weekend it was busier, we really enjoyed the crowd levels the first three days it was awesome. We walked on many rides with minimal to 0 wait, able to ride Soarin two times in a row in standby line and at MK everything except 7dmt and PP were walk on. It was really hot but the lower crowds the first three days was worth the heat for sure.

I'll be there 9/26-29 solo and I am prepared for crowds at Epcot for first weekend of F&W, and a busy MNSSHP on Sunday; but Mon and Tues will probably be pretty good.

OP, how were the CM's doing? Did they seem overwhelmed or inexperienced?

POTC is still closed for refurb right? Is that the only one?

POTC is still closed for refurb right? Is that the only one?

When we were there last week the CM's at POTC told us that they were now starting test runs of the ride and had to complete so many hours (can't remember how many but sounded like it would add up to at least a week) of running the ride empty and then they'd go from there. Guess it will depend on how that week of testing went and what the next phase is but hopefully it should be up soon.

Living with the Land closed for refurb on the 8th I believe and I'm not sure how long that one was scheduled to be down.

The new CMs seem to be doing fine. They were friendly...some just weren't sure how to do certain things (understandable) and they had help showing them what to do. I didn't have any problems with CMs on the trip. We lucked up...The Little Mermaid show at HS was supposed to be closed the day we visited it...walked by and it was OPEN with no line. Was glad one person in our group could see it since she had never been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter