Just back - room check info

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get housekeeping, do they still do random security checks? Only reason Im asking is I dont want more people in my room when Im not there. We are pretty trusting and leave out cameras, IPADS, IPods, DSs etc... I figure if anything is taken, I know who did it! But with random people coming, I would have to lock up all my stuff. Seems like unnecessary work getting the kids to give me all their things daily and take it all out again, then lock it up again for dinner, then take it all out again etc...
Or have them put it in a backpack or suitcase. That’s what I do with my electronics.

Or have them put it in a backpack or suitcase. That’s what I do with my electronics.

That kind of what I meant.. I dont just leave them on top of the bed, but I put them in a drawer with a shirt or something over. I could even use a suitcase but if someone really wanted to steal, Im sure they would look in the drawers or suitcases. I just dont like the idea of multple people per day going into my room.

If I opt for daily housekeeping is it really necessary for security to go there too?

That kind of what I meant.. I dont just leave them on top of the bed, but I put them in a drawer with a shirt or something over. I could even use a suitcase but if someone really wanted to steal, Im sure they would look in the drawers or suitcases. I just dont like the idea of multple people per day going into my room.

If I opt for daily housekeeping is it really necessary for security to go there too?
Oh okay gotcha.

It’s never a good idea to leave electronics and valuables out. There have been cases of other guests being accidentally assigned to already occupied rooms (happened to me once at CR, and the family was in the room when I got there). Maintenance can come in anytime, management can come in any time, housekeepers come in if you do housekeeping, and now the security checks on top of that if you don’t. I just don’t want to take the risk. If I’m not there, it’s locked up.

We are in Music. I’d be surprised if the call went to a call center. She answered using my last name and what could she do for me. Within minutes the gentleman called back and when I called and requested the passes get changed to magic kingdom, she got him on the phone in seconds.

Can I just say... I think this whole "security check" thing is stupid. What, exactly, does it accomplish? If anyone's doing anything illegal (yes, because a human trafficker or drug dealer is going to pay Disney hotel prices), they're going to figure out how to cover it up; how will a 5 second "look around" by housekeeping make any difference? I don't understand what the goal is here. I wouldn't mind the intrusiveness as much if I actually thought they were doing something significant that COULD make a difference, but this is ridiculous. They are clearly playing "Cover Our Butt."

Can I just say... I think this whole "security check" thing is stupid. What, exactly, does it accomplish? If anyone's doing anything illegal (yes, because a human trafficker or drug dealer is going to pay Disney hotel prices), they're going to figure out how to cover it up; how will a 5 second "look around" by housekeeping make any difference? I don't understand what the goal is here. I wouldn't mind the intrusiveness as much if I actually thought they were doing something significant that COULD make a difference, but this is ridiculous. They are clearly playing "Cover Our Butt."

Yes, and sadly, without giving innocent guests who may happen to be changing clothes, a chance to cover theirs before someone barges in.

If you use the bar over the door you have time to cover your butt before someone barges in
Thank you, I have always used that anyway, but others have posted on various threads that there is a way to unlock that from outside.

First morning at poly, tap tap tap like with a pen or something on the door
Mousekeeping will use their keys to knock-they have to knock 3 times and announce 3 times before they use their keys/card to go in (that is policy-whether that is followed consistently or not is management issue). So instead of having raw knuckles after tapping on 20 rooms they will use keys to knock.

If you get housekeeping, do they still do random security checks? Only reason Im asking is I dont want more people in my room when Im not there. We are pretty trusting and leave out cameras, IPADS, IPods, DSs etc... I figure if anything is taken, I know who did it! But with random people coming, I would have to lock up all my stuff. Seems like unnecessary work getting the kids to give me all their things daily and take it all out again, then lock it up again for dinner, then take it all out again etc...
I accidentally left my ipad on the floor to charge by the outlet when we went to parks one day (just got back Thursday) and maintenance had clearly been in room as the new large bottles of shampoo etc had been installed in bathroom. Maybe I am too trusting, but there IS a record of every person who goes into your room.
We were at All Star sports for 3 nights and never had any one knocking early (we usually slept in til around 8 or so), nor had anyone interrupt afternoon naps (between 3-5). The room had obviously been serviced in the times we were out. We don't decline mousekeeping though.

Our experience has been that we have never had the issues with the "checks" that others are experiencing-although we never decline housekeeping either. I do truly wonder if the issues others have experienced is because of declined housekeeping? Which seems contradictory when Disney offers incentives to decline!
My DD (former DCP) said she thought the housekeeper pay is partly dependent on number of rooms they service-if that is true then it makes sense they would wait until the end of their serviced rooms to do the "checks" as there isn't an incentive-and that may very well fall in the time frame when most guests would be back in room for rest in afternoon...

1) It puts a clock on terrorists. They won’t have multiple days to set up and bring in what they need to accomplish their terror. It won’t prevent a terrorist event but has the potential of limiting the scope of one.
2) It will also limit the ability of guests to totally trash rooms over multiple days. Guests can do a day or two worth of damage before the hotel will catch it vs a week of damage.

No. Daily housekeeping counts as your security check.

Not true in our case. We were napping in the afternoon, after requesting at the front desk that housekeeping come between 7:30am and 12:30pm. We have medical reasons for that request; however, the REASON should not matter. It is vacation.
Anyway, my husband fell asleep and I got up to the knocking, at about 2:30pm. I told housekeeping that we were napping and would like her to come back after 4pm when we would be gone. She was not happy with that but left. About 15 minutes later, another knock on the door. My husband answered and security wanted to come in. By that point, we were awake so he told him to come back in 15 min. and we would be gone. Frustrating!

The question is: was security alerted by housekeeping just because we wanted them to wait for one and a half hours so we could get our needed rest? Seems like it is NOT a coincidence to me. BTW the room occupied sign was on the door, too.

The question is: was security alerted by housekeeping just because we wanted them to wait for one and a half hours so we could get our needed rest? Seems like it is NOT a coincidence to me. BTW the room occupied sign was on the door, too.
Yes this does seem to be an issue. Telling housekeeping they can't come in now sets off alarms everywhere

Unclear why

It will also limit the ability of guests to totally trash rooms over multiple days. Guests can do a day or two worth of damage before the hotel will catch it vs a week of damage.

If Disney was really concerned about guests trashing the rooms, why would they be offering guests money to NOT have housekeeping come in every day? I just think it's all weird.

About 15 minutes ago (7:30 am), while sleeping, someone knocks on the door. By the time I get untangled and to the door, she was trying to open it. The cross bar was on so it didn’t open, except for a tiny bit where she could see in. I opened the door a tad, in my pjs and said, what? She had a iPad in her hand and said, sorry, I thought you were out. I said what is it you want? (We did not take housekeeping, took the $10 a day instead). She just mumbled something and left. I called the front desk and asked who that was. She said she would let housekeeping know as no one should have been knocking.
Well I’m up now although this was our day to sleep in. It’s also our last stay at Disney. For our first night we stayed at Holiday Inn (former Nicholodeon) using a mousesavers discount, had an included breakfast at Applebee’s on site, a huge room, that didn’t smell strange, parking close to our room and shuttles included. I wish I was there now.
This has been going on a long time.
On check out day housekeeping wants to get going on cleaning rooms being vacated and sometimes start knocking on doors.
I think it’s ridiculous, there is no excuse IMO for housekeeping to be waking customers on vacation up at 7:30 am. Check out is 11 am and if I want to sleep in and leave a room at exactly 11 am on checkout day I think the $$$ that I paid to sleep in that room that night should entitle me to do just that without sleep deprivation caused by unexpected housekeeping early door knocking. Once woken I cannot fall back asleep and since we fly to/from the west coast, on departure day I want to be well rested for the trek cross country & the time change.
Please complain about this in the survey, there must be a way to track rooms vacated early without waking up everyone due to check out that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter