Just Back..Received A Disney Dream!!

Brier Rose

<font color=9999FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
We were sooo shocked! It was around 4:00pm on Saturday at AK. We decided to go on the Safari, and there was no wait at all. When we reached the boarding area, we were taken over to the side and the "Dream Team" greeted us! They informed us that as part of Disney's Year of Dreams that we were being granted an extra hour in the park! We were given wristbands and pins, and told to go to Dinoland at 5:00pm.

When we arrived there were more people that had been given wristbands (a few hundred maybe), and they had some entertainment going. At about 5:30 the "Captain" introduced himself, and asked if we had ever dreamed of having a Disney Park all to ourselves. Of course everyone screamed YES, and he brought out Mickey and Minnie to offically begin our dream hour.

We had a BLAST with no waits for ANYTHING. I know a lot of people don't like Primeval Whirl, but we had SO much fun riding over and over AND OVER without getting off!

At the end of the hour when we reached the end of the Oasis heading to the exit we were greeting by TONS of CM'S that formed a line on both sides that we walked through as they waved and screamed. We really felt like celebrities! At the end of the line were Mickey and Minnie to tell us goodbye!

It was just AWESOME!

I wish I could post some pictures, but for some reason NONE of them turned out..I could just cry!
Even without the pictues I know it's something we will remember forever!

Congratulations!!! That must have been a lot of fun!

We just got back from a 10 day trip, and didn't receive any special
"magic" :guilty: Glad you did!!!!

That is AMAZING!!!! :cool1: Leave it to Disney to make the happiest place on earth even more magical. :wizard: Congratulations!

Wow, what a blast! Sounds like you had a great time. Congratulations!

Congratulations! What a thrill it must have been for you.

We have been twice this month. We weren't the recipients of any dreams but we witnessed one on Small World. A family, including a little girl around 3yo, got to go to the bridge that the boats pass under and wave to all the passengers. They then got to ride in the front row (we were directly behind them) and got a certificate and some other things that I couldn't see (not that I was being extremely nosey or anything :rolleyes1 ).

Brier Rose said:
We were sooo shocked! It was around 4:00pm on Saturday at AK. We decided to go on the Safari, and there was no wait at all. When we reached the boarding area, we were taken over to the side and the "Dream Team" greeted us! They informed us that as part of Disney's Year of Dreams that we were being granted an extra hour in the park! We were given wristbands and pins, and told to go to Dinoland at 5:00pm.

When we arrived there were more people that had been given wristbands (a few hundred maybe), and they had some entertainment going. At about 5:30 the "Captain" introduced himself, and asked if we had ever dreamed of having a Disney Park all to ourselves. Of course everyone screamed YES, and he brought out Mickey and Minnie to offically begin our dream hour.

We had a BLAST with no waits for ANYTHING. I know a lot of people don't like Primeval Whirl, but we had SO much fun riding over and over AND OVER without getting off!

At the end of the hour when we reached the end of the Oasis heading to the exit we were greeting by TONS of CM'S that formed a line on both sides that we walked through as they waved and screamed. We really felt like celebrities! At the end of the line were Mickey and Minnie to tell us goodbye!

It was just AWESOME!

I wish I could post some pictures, but for some reason NONE of them turned out..I could just cry!
Even without the pictues I know it's something we will remember forever!

Oh my gosh. We were there that day but left at about 3:30 before the parade started. Now I wish we would have stayed and did a few more things.

Congrats...That must have been an awesome experience. What a great idea by Disney!

They actually told us that we were the first group to ever receive that prize..at AK at least. The CM's we spoke with weren't sure if they had done anything similar at the other parks yet.

Forgot to mention it was actually EXTRA special as we were having a huge celebration for my DD's b-day which was Oct. 17th, my b-day which was Oct. 20th, my DS's b-day which was Oct. 24th, and my and DH's 15th wedding anniversary on Oct. 29th!!

We were there too! It was so amazing: we rode EE several times with no wait, enjoyed empty park and just felt so special! It was the last evening for us, leaving Sunday morning, which made it even more special. My parents were with us and it was their first trip to Disney and they liked AK a lot. We had great day! We were an hour late for our Boma dinner, but it was all worth it.
I met another DIS-er (she recognized me by my lime green messanger bag), I believe she had her special pass as well. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Congratulations! That sounds so wonderful!

APixie said:
We were there too! It was so amazing: we rode EE several times with no wait, enjoyed empty park and just felt so special! It was the last evening for us, leaving Sunday morning, which made it even more special. My parents were with us and it was their first trip to Disney and they liked AK a lot. We had great day! We were an hour late for our Boma dinner, but it was all worth it.
I met another DIS-er (she recognized me by my lime green messanger bag), I believe she had her special pass as well. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

COOL!

It was our last night as well..wasn't that just a perfect ending! (well if the ending of any trip can be good that is!)

disneyjunkie said:
COOL!

Can someone post a list of the rides/shows that were open during the extra hour?

All of the major attractions except Kilamanjaro Safari. They even had a special 5:50 showing of Festival of the Lion King!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!