Just Back: Quick Pros and Cons from a FL Lady and her daughter

sabrecmc

DIS Veteran
Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We really had a wonderful time. It is a different experience than what we are used to, but that's one reason we like it. This is our third visit to Disneyland. My daughter is 11. We are AP holders at WDW and have visited Disneyland Paris twice, so definitely big Disney fans! I can't help but compare a bit to WDW, though I realize these are vastly different kinds of trips.

Pros:
  • Disneyland is so compact and easily walkable. We park-hopped a lot, went back to the hotel for a midday rest, and just generally loved the easy pace of things.
  • Everyone was so nice! Really lived up to the whole idea of Disney.
  • The A/C in our hotel room wasn't working properly and the front desk had someone up there in under 10 minutes. UNDER 10 MINUTES! Since you have to basically go through a body cavity search to get someone up to your room at WDW, I was really impressed.
  • Some really great rides that we don't have at WDW, like Indy and Hyperspace Mountain (huge improvement there over the one in FL).
  • Small World is way better at Disneyland. So is Big Thunder.
  • So clean! We constantly saw people scrubbing and cleaning.
  • DVC member discount all over! Even quick service places!
Cons:
  • The rides broke down. A lot. This happened on our last trip, too. I don't know if it is less noticeable at WDW b/c there are more things to do or what, but it really seemed like a lot of temporary problems. Maybe we are cursed!
  • The food. Honestly, the food was just really poor, and so much sameness. Granted, we weren't at Napa Rose, but even the fast food options at WDW are way better.
  • California Adventure is kind of meh other than Radiator Springs Racers. My daughter did like the swings, though.
I didn't really mind all the construction and refurbishment. Yes, it was a lot, but they are improving things, as they should be doing. Looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy next time we visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter