Just back Nov 14-19!!

TheSouthernBelle

DIS Veteran
We had a great trip and we're so glad we decided on the dates we did. We avoided Jersey Week and we avoided crazy thanksgiving day crowds.

Day 1- Disney Springs
Day 2- DHS/MK for MVMCP
Day 3-AK
Day 4-MK
Day 5- drove home :(

Highs of the trip for us-

Attended MVMCP (first timers) on Thursday, 11/15 and walked on some rides, others had maybe 20-25 min wait. 7DMT was about 45 min + the whole party time

Our first day of our trip was DHS so we didn't get a SDD FP+, we arrived at DHS at about 8:30am, were held up at echo lake by a cast member and at about 8:55am were ushered back to SDD where we got in line and waited about 20 min to ride. Not bad for arriving 30 min before opening.

Did the after fireworks dessert party- could have just done that and skipped dinner at Crystal Palace -LOL :tongue:
TBH the preferred/reserved viewing location is all I needed, I would be fine with paying less for the spot only and skipping the food.

Did dapper day at MK on 11/17- that was a blast- so fun seeing everyone all dressed to the nines. Loved dressing up in our fancy threads as a family.

Stayed at POR (we've previously stayed in the mansions before), did alligator bayou this time. Grounds at this resort are so pretty but overall I did prefer the mansions location better. And after two stays here, I think we'll give another resort a try. While the buses are great, sometimes you know when to tap out. Our last night leaving MK we minnie vanned back to POR.

Lows on this trip-

Not many at all. It was my DH bday and I was told on the cake hotline that I could easily grab a mickey dome cake with the Happy Bday ears, the non customizable one at the POR food court bakery, not the case at all. I went early for his breakfast on Friday morning, 11/16 and they said they don't get those cakes until after 11am. Went back for early dinner/late lunch- they never got them in. Not a big deal, I just got some cute cupcakes but was kind of bummed about that. Note to future self, if I want to do a celebration cake, just order something custom and have it delivered to the room (which they don't do at POR) or have it delivered at dinner.

Overall, we had a great trip, we're home and we definitely have the disney vacation blues. The crowds were there but not out of hand, the weather was wonderful. 70s most days, one days 60s only so I froze (that's the Floridian in me) and we ate more sweet treats and disney food than we could have asked for!!

We will definitely consider going again at this time even if we have to pull the kids out of school.

We ate the party provided treats but after about the third cookie we stashed them away in a ziplock for snacking later. We had the Yule log at Main Street- I am a chocoholic and I liked it a lot but it’s rich. 4 of us couldn’t finish it. I also wanted to try the spiced Yule log at Pecos but we’re just too full and I didn’t feel like carrying it back to our room. Have fun!!! It’s a blast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter