Just back....my top 15 observations.

wijkowski

999 miles from the magic.
1. A quick five day trip, but the crowd was as bad as I can remember in October. There was a 25 minute wait just to order food at Pinocchio Village Haus---a QS restaurant!

2. 7DMT is a "miss" for me, I was underwhelmed. The queue is OK, but definitely not as nice as Mermaid. The ride time is much too short and the finale with Snow White was almost impossible to see in the bright sunlight. Now the mine sequence is fantastic (looks great!) and l believe they should have continued in this direction --- with the limited space available and iconic IP (Snow White and the 7 Dwarves), this should have been a world class, E-Ticket dark ride.

3. Merchandise selection is MUCH improved over years past. However, the prices have escalated to a point where impulse buys no longer exist. There were unique items available, so we did not go home empty handed.

4. We rode Maelstrom on the last day and it is sad to see it go.

5. The new Haunted Mansion store, Memeto Mori, is nice. There is a queue just to get in and merchandise was flying off the shelves.

6. Speaking of HM, my wife was in line at Uptown Jewelers (Main Street) on the release day for the Dooney & Bourke HM bags. Again, a 20-30 person line to purchase the bags. My wife bought two and we were told they were sold out within hours.

7. Splash Mountain looked great and almost all animatronics were operating.

8. This was our first time using MagicBands and the MyDisney app. We like them and had no issues at all.

9. The construction/parking at Downtown Disney is horrible. Until they finish, I would not go anywhere near there. Maybe park at Saratoga and walk or boat over.

10. Food and Wine was crowded, but it was nice to try various foods and adult beverages.

11. MNSSHP is now at a price point that makes it hard to recommend. It is a nice event, but not as nice as years past. The price has almost doubled as well.

12. We love the restaurants at WDW. Sure, the food is expensive and the quality could be better, but there is nothing like eating a burger in the backseat of a car at a drive-in movie theater!

13. Other than The Magic Kingdom, the other three parks need work and additions. AK and DHS are half day parks as it stands. I know work is underway and rumors are flying, so I hope the next five years is a new golden age for WDW.

14. We were not in favor of the menu changes at 'Ohana, but our meal was very good. This restaurant seems to be a hit or miss with a lot of folks and we have experienced bad meals here in the past. This trip however, was very good.

15. The lobby of the Polynesian - blasphemy! Something deep down felt wrong when we walked in and that beautiful lobby was boarded up never to return to it's original glory.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the insight. I was thinking we could get AK and DHS done in one day. I'm looking forward to the HM gift shop. As far as the Poly goes, yes it feels very wrong. We will stay there Dec. 2015 and I'm praying for a miracle and hoping they do something to soothe my hurt feelings over the waterfall. We've never been to MNSSHP or MVMCP. Since you felt the value for MNSSHP wasn't there, I wonder if MVMCP is worth it? I've read many times that the Halloween party is better than the Christmas party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter