Just back...my observations/input

Disneycrums

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

Just back from a wonderful trip. We were in the parks from 11/16-23. 8 Magical days! We stayed at CSR. This was our first time and it is now my favorite moderate. We were in Casitas 4 (which I'd highly recommend)! Issues with buses on Sunday the 17th....had to wait about 30 minutes for an Epcot bus and on Monday the 18th had to wait about 20-25 minutes for a HS bus. Other than that, no issues.

Crowds were light. Main attractions (Soarin', TSMM, TT) had long (50-90 minutes)waits, but that was to be expected. Walked on RnR, Splash, Space, BTM, EE, Kali many times. Honestly, it will now be hard for me to go at any other time of year. We wore shorts and short sleeves every day. Only got cold on Thursday after being soaked with the afternoon showers that came in. I was able to carry a backpack without sweating!!

One issue with our Magic Bands. When I ordered mine, it was very odd, where you could choose what name you wanted printed on the bands it had my name next to my husband's and his name next to mine. I called Disney and they said just to change what we wanted printed on them...so I put my name next to mine and his name next to his. So, when we checked in at CSR and I scanned my band, my husband's name came up. So, the CM said to just switch bands (good thing I didn't order pink!). Well, we soon learned that was not the right thing to do. The one time we had different FP+ selections (and I was wearing the band with my DH name) I got the dreaded blue light as did he. CM's gave us no problem and we just switched back once we met up. That was our only glitch...

We also ordered PP+. I relied on it much more this time as I did not want to lug my big DSLR around. After reading many posts on here about missing photos, I was a little worried. But, just went in and all of them are there!!! That's actually what prompted me to write this post! So, hopefully they have worked out the glitches.

Speaking of glitches (or I should say blips)....had a lot of issues getting into my MDE account. Had to start/restart my phone many times because the app would just get stuck. Have a brand new phone, so not sure if it's an issue with my phone...but after reading about other's experiences, I am guessing it is not ;)

Any questions....be glad to answer (if I can).

What were the temps when you were there? You said you wore shorts and short-sleeved shirts, but I don't have a temp reference. We leave on Saturday and I'm having a very difficult time with what to pack. Our forecast (according to a FL friend) is highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Not sure what to do with that and don't want to bring six suitcases!

Thanks in advance for the help! Glad you had a great trip!

It was anywhere from mid 70's to 83. Never below 70 while in the parks. I brought a hoodie to throw on when it rained. The only time I was chilly was on Thursday after getting soaked on Kali and the non stop rain from 3:00-9:30. Ate dinner at Boma and I was cold. When I left Sunday early AM it was 68 and I would have been comfortable in capris. I packed several pairs of jeans and capris and never wore them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter