Just back. Magic Bands, FP+ and more.

We did get some paper fast passes while we were in the parks. They worked for everyone's card but mine! (Go figure). My card kept coming up "card not used to enter the park for the day". The CM's at ALL the fast pass locations were great though. All three times we did this they simple opened up the machine and grabbed a paper fast pass for me. No questions asked.

You used your KTTW card for them?

Thanks

We did get some paper fast passes while we were in the parks. They worked for everyone's card but mine! (Go figure). My card kept coming up "card not used to enter the park for the day". The CM's at ALL the fast pass locations were great though. All three times we did this they simple opened up the machine and grabbed a paper fast pass for me. No questions asked.

Also no CM have you the line that if you are using FP + you shouldn't be using paper FP? Heard some were telling people that..

We just returned from 6 nights at Art of Animation. We had absolutely NO issues with the Magic Bands, not a single glitch. We had a simple reservation though, one room, 2 people. I linked one old pass for my son, and a new one that was a "Will Call" for me. We also had the FP+ and loved it. I played with the iPhone app often, moving up and back ride times, or changing attractions.

My only complaint would be the iffy WiFi. Problems at Animal Kingdom and Epcot. We had to move around to find a signal. I also screwed up and linked my MNSSHP tickets, do not do that, even though it looks like you can do it on the site. Had to go to guest relations to fix it.

We never once used our room keys. Loved the bands for access to the pool and laundry room at Art of A, and for the meal plan.
Ugh....I linked our MNSSHP tics already.....But was told it was OK by a CM...that I should just bring my tics with us to the party. Why were you told to go to guest relations? I'm getting worried too.

You used your KTTW card for them?

Thanks

Yes...we used our cards for the fast pass machines just like you would if you didn't have the magic bands. Another good reason to keep the cards with you when you tour.

And no, not a single CM said anything about us getting paper fast passes while wearing our MB. Just the opposite. They were super nice and very very helpful when my card didn't work in the machine.

In fact, we only had one CM the entire trip that was anything but friendly and nice and that was the woman at the package pick-up at POR. She acted like we were bothering her by coming to claim our packages and just seemed bored with her life in general. I think her attitude really stood out because all the other CM's were so nice and happy.

Yes...we used our cards for the fast pass machines just like you would if you didn't have the magic bands. Another good reason to keep the cards with you when you tour. And no, not a single CM said anything about us getting paper fast passes while wearing our MB. Just the opposite. They were super nice and very very helpful when my card didn't work in the machine. In fact, we only had one CM the entire trip that was anything but friendly and nice and that was the woman at the package pick-up at POR. She acted like we were bothering her by coming to claim our packages and just seemed bored with her life in general. I think her attitude really stood out because all the other CM's were so nice and happy.

Great info
Thanks

Going in 17 days can't wait to use MB

thank you all for the info.. we have our bands and our reservations are there on MDE, to include the ADR we made. we leave in 15 days.. I think I have a bit more research to do, so please keep the experiences coming

We are here now on day 6. This is our first trip since before they started enforcing FP return times (missed that change by a week). We are also former FP horders, taking full advantage of late returns. We are loving the entire experience! No glitches so far with the system for us. We thought there was something wrong when our Splash FP disappeared from the app. We showed up at our time and the light turned green though and on we went. Turned out the ride went down earlier and they converted it to an anytime/any ride FP. We learned this when I checked my e-mail that evening. Might be nice if it would have shown up on the app. We did pull paper FP's in our brief moment of concern, but we gave them away afterwards. Saved a nice young couple a 30 minute wait. We have made a couple adjustments along the way. WIFI has been working fine for us, even on the express monorail today. The MDE app is less than efficient though, that will be my biggest non-positive feedback. Our biggest positives of FP+ are arrival day and hopping use. Having those afternoon reserved spots has transformed our touring in such a positive way. We are hopping to EPCOT this evening with Soarin and Test Track all set. Speaking of Test Track, the band is a big part of this attraction and it worked great. All the CM's we have encountered seem to be enjoying the bands, so easy to pay for anything now and redeem FP's (not that redeeming was hard before). Other users we have spoke with have been enjoying their experience also. I will probably think of more, but that is enough for now.

We are here now on day 6. This is our first trip since before they started enforcing FP return times (missed that change by a week). We are also former FP horders, taking full advantage of late returns. We are loving the entire experience! No glitches so far with the system for us. We thought there was something wrong when our Splash FP disappeared from the app. We showed up at our time and the light turned green though and on we went. Turned out the ride went down earlier and they converted it to an anytime/any ride FP. We learned this when I checked my e-mail that evening. Might be nice if it would have shown up on the app. We did pull paper FP's in our brief moment of concern, but we gave them away afterwards. Saved a nice young couple a 30 minute wait. We have made a couple adjustments along the way. WIFI has been working fine for us, even on the express monorail today. The MDE app is less than efficient though, that will be my biggest non-positive feedback. Our biggest positives of FP+ are arrival day and hopping use. Having those afternoon reserved spots has transformed our touring in such a positive way. We are hopping to EPCOT this evening with Soarin and Test Track all set. Speaking of Test Track, the band is a big part of this attraction and it worked great. All the CM's we have encountered seem to be enjoying the bands, so easy to pay for anything now and redeem FP's (not that redeeming was hard before). Other users we have spoke with have been enjoying their experience also. I will probably think of more, but that is enough for now.

Any need for paper FP?

Except for the set we gave away, we have not used any paper FP's. We are rope droppers, so hit the biggies that are important to us during the first couple hours. Then use our FP+ later in the day. It would be pretty easy to hit you favorite 3 times this way with minimal waiting. I am resting in my room right now knowing I have 3 FP's lined of for EPCOT this evening. I used to be the FP runner, so this is making for a much more relaxing vacation than normal.

Could you explain how the band works with Test Track? We won't have them so I'm particularly curious.

Could you explain how the band works with Test Track? We won't have them so I'm particularly curious.

The design-a-car thing relies on RFID. If you don't have a MB, your ticket will work just as well.

Yep, your RFID gadget (card or band) links the design stage, ride, and post ride activities. We had fun with it, enjoyed the updated Test Track.

Ugh....I linked our MNSSHP tics already.....But was told it was OK by a CM...that I should just bring my tics with us to the party. Why were you told to go to guest relations? I'm getting worried too.

I called last week and asked if it was okay to link MNSSHP tickets to our MBs and the CM advised against it He told me that the system has no way to prioritize tickets, so there was a chance that when we entered the park it would take a day off our regular ticket. I plan to use our park hoppers earlier on the same day, so it doesn't matter for us. But just in case there are any other negative consequences, I decided to be on the safe side and not link it anyway.

To OP: Thanks SO, SO much for all the great information you shared. I, like you, will be going with family staying in 2 separate rooms at POR with different lengths of stay. I had my MIL and FIL connected to my MDE account, but after reading your story have given them their own MDE accounts this afternoon. Hopefully, we will avoid the fiasco that you had when checking in! Just another reason I love DISers... so helpful to hopefully ward off a delay on our first day. We are hoping to be able to get to the parks early the first day, so am really wanting checkin to be easy and quick.

Thank you, thank you!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!