• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back, loved the Tropicana

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
We just returned last night from 4 days and 5 nights at Disneyland. I will post a trip report on the reports board. But I did want post that my family really enjoyed this motel. I was able to snag an incredible, last minute deal on Expedia for an airfare/hotel package. I had two choices on Harbor, the HoJo and the Tropicana. We have stayed at the HoJo and liked the hotel but thought the walk was a bit far and since there are so many other places closer wanted to try something different. Also, my father in law lives in the area and usually parks his car in whatever hotel we are staying at when he joins us at the park. Since he is in poor health we needed a close location to the crosswalk and since the Tropicana is the second hotel from the light it was perfect. Our room was very clean and while nothing fancy was nicely furnished. The staff was all really nice and the housekeepers did a great job. I had seen reviews on tripadivsor indicating that the free breakfast was awful and that the beds had plastic sheets. Well the breakfast was basic, just pastries, apples, oranges, muffins, croissants and apple juice. But it was all fresh and it was free. I am not sure what people expect when the description is "free continental breakfast". You could buy a 16 oz bottle of milk for one dollar as well as small cereal boxes. As for the plastic sheets, we didn't really notice. The mattress pad covers most of the mattress, only the edges make a weird sound when you get out or into the bed. But to us, they were not an issue. I would not hesitate to stay here again and will next time I stay offsite. Incidentally, the Tropicana is owned by the same people that own the Park Inn which is two doors up. We have also stayed at the Park Inn but liked the Tropicana much better. Much nicer landscaping, and nicer, brighter rooms.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Tropicana. We stayed there almost 2 years ago and liked it as well. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. The proximity to the park was great. We got a great rate when we went and couldn't pass it up.

So glad you had a good time. We will be staying there in about 2 weeks and are very excited about it. Glad to hear another good report about them. That makes me happy.

Leslie

The Tropicana is one of my choices when booking a trip. It's not on the top of my list, but is perfectly acceptable. I've never had a problem with plastic covers either. As for the breakfast, if you had fresh fruit, then they must have added that. Any time I've stayed there, we just had pastries and muffins, no fruit, no croisants. It is truly a continental breakfast which means you don't get much, but at some of the neighboring hotels you also get oatmeal, fruit and toast in addition to the muffins and pastries so that's why I consider the other hotels slightly better.

Glad you had a wonderful time.

Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed the Tropicana. We have stayed there twice and loved it both times.

:cheer2:

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005
Disneyland December 2006

Glad to hear it... we're booked into the Tropicana for our trip to DL May 29-Jun 5th.

Cheers,
Wade

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter