Just back, highs and lows

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
We spent two nights at the Hotel Cheyenne this week and had a fantastic time. It was our first time at Cheyenne in 20 years (have only been there once before in 1998 for our first visit) and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lows:
None.

Highs:
Hotel - we are Hotel New York regulars and after our last visit agreed to wait for the refurb before returning. We were pleasantly surprised by the Cheyenne. The theming is really lovely and as Toy Story fans we adored it. Surprised at the short walk to the village and didn't use the shuttle buses at all. Food was good in the Chuckowagon buffet too. :thumbsup2 We missed a couple of things we're used to at HNY but overall was a really good place to stay.

Halloween decorations - so vibrant and beautiful around the park. Frontierland in particular was gorgeous and the Coco theming was amazing, love, love, loved it :love:

Halloween parade - such a fun song and bright floats. The new Phantom Manor float is fantastic!
Salon Mickey - adore having a wee place to hang out for breakfast before hitting the parks :flower1:

Meeting Parisian Minnie - total fluke but we managed to see her with only about a 5 minute wait

Hyperspace Mountain - Lewis did this for the first time and absolutely loved it :thumbsup2

La Place de Remy - This has to be my favourite area in the parks. We sat at the bistro tables outside the ride and enjoyed a drink in the sun listening to the band play, bliss :cloud9:

The weather - It hit 26 one day and 22 the next. Honestly this felt more like a summer trip than a halloween visit. I remember scraping ice off Dumbo one year in October so this was a welcome change :cool1:

We had the most amazing time, even after all these years we still love our visits and find something new/different to do each time. I loved having our eldest DS and his GF with us too, he's not been for 4 years, and he loved all the refurbs of BTM, Pirates, Star Tours and Hyperspace mountain. His GF is a WDW regular (Floridian resident) and adored the parks too. She said she'd go back in a heartbeat.

Off to plan the next one :goodvibes

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I’m already thinking of a trip for spring 2019. This is very helpful. I’ll be in Paris in December but not DP. Next time!

Welcome back, pleased you had a great trip. I remember going one October and it was shorts & t-shirt weather, a friend of mine didn't believe me as she was their the week before us and it was raining and cold.

Welcome back and thanks for the review.

We are regular SQL fans but we stgayed at the Cheyenne too and loved it also. The theming is great and its is more than an alternative to the other hotels.

Welcome back, so glad you had a great trip! Unbelievable luck with the weather, so chuffed for you. I do like the Cheyenne as well, it's so fun. Glad your son's gf liked DLP :)

Thank you for your feedback!

Did they say how much longer Parisian Minnie will be meeting? Also did you have to use the lineberty app to meet her? We are hoping to meet her on our Christmas trip in a couple months.

Thanks for sharing Julie....I don't visit here so regularly now, but used to love the highs and lows reports fix in between my own trips :)

Same here, particularly liked reading your feedback as I think we were there the week before you and were also fortunate enought to profit from the "summer" weather. Favourite for us too was sitting at the outside tables listening to the band in La Place de Remy, although Oliver was disappointed that they were not in pirate garb in Adventureland as in previous years!

Did you catch Mickey's Philharmagic? I was initially reluctant to spend the time indoors during such beautiful weather but glad we did as it a lovely show and tucked away.

We haven't stayed at the Cheyenne since its refurbishment but good to know that the single beds are obviously normal length.

I know you didn't make use of them but how often are the shuttle buses? Just thinking about park closing when I've walked my little legs off! And can you recommend any places you ate at?

It's not really known, they expected it to be till yesterday, but she's in the program for next week also. But changes are really high she'll be in a Christmas outfit during the Christmas season, so my guess is she'll stay till then

I think she might get replaced with Mary Poppins as the movie is released during the Christmas season. Last years we had Moana, Belle and Jack Sparrow when their movies were released.

Did you catch Mickey's Philharmagic? I was initially reluctant to spend the time indoors during such beautiful weather but glad we did as it a lovely show and tucked away.

We haven't stayed at the Cheyenne since its refurbishment but good to know that the single beds are obviously normal length.

Yes, we did watch Philharmagic. I really enjoyed it, but it tucked out of the way so the theatre was really empty. I'm just finishing off my trip report, more about that in there.

I know you didn't make use of them but how often are the shuttle buses? Just thinking about park closing when I've walked my little legs off! And can you recommend any places you ate at?

Sorry, didn't notice at all. I recall using them years ago but honestly, once you're through the Village it's not far. A leisurely stroll past the Hotel New York then left by the river. Depending on where in the Cheyenne you are, you can be back in your block in a couple of minutes from there.

Thank you for your feedback!

Did they say how much longer Parisian Minnie will be meeting? Also did you have to use the lineberty app to meet her? We are hoping to meet her on our Christmas trip in a couple months.

Sorry, I don't know and didn't ask. Yes, we had to use linberty to meet her - I've put some details in my trip report about it - almost finished writing it up
:)

And can you recommend any places you ate at?

Sorry, making a mess of answering these tonight, lol.

We always like Annette's in the Village, Hakuna Matata in Adventureland is lovely for lunch/dinner, very big portions. The buffets are generally good too. I'll be adding some restaurant reviews soon :)

Thanks -we Julies must stick together! Its our first ever visit to DLP and I feel absolutely lost not having the same wealth of info that we get for WDW and DL :sad2:. Even the menus for the DLP are sketchy to say the least-most of them only show alcohol-Uncle Walt would be spinning!

Thanks -we Julies must stick together! Its our first ever visit to DLP and I feel absolutely lost not having the same wealth of info that we get for WDW and DL :sad2:. Even the menus for the DLP are sketchy to say the least-most of them only show alcohol-Uncle Walt would be spinning!

Besides the alcohol (you are in France, it's a cultural thing ;-) ) what do you think is sketchy? On the DLP website all the menus show what kind of food you can expect in the places, in the same way it is shown for WDW and DL?

I wouldn't spend too much time on dining in DLP, for good French food you have to go elsewhere. Especially if your time in DLP is limited, I wouldn't do too many table services. Hakuna Matata is one of my go to places, Annettes is also on the list. Earl of Sandwich and Rainforest Cafe in the Village are favorites with me. We tried Hunter's Grill in Sequoia Lodge a month ago, it has a decent buffet. Besides the Auberge with the princess dinner, I've never done Walt's, Chez Remy etc. the fancy table services, they are just way too overpriced and I can't find recent reviews that say the money is worth it. I have done Captain Jack's years ago before the refurbishment, but I didn't like the food. Agrabah Cafe is a place I would like to return to, but it has weird closing times.
Toad Hall has good fish & chips, but go at opening, as lines are slow and I think the fish tastes better than right before closing time.

My favorite quick service restaurants are Cowboy Cookout BBQ and Lucky Nudget. They serve the same delicious BBQ ribs and have live entertainment for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter