Chef Mickey's - Dinner
CRT - Breakfast
Whispering Canyon - Lunch
Plaza Restarant - Dinner
Le Cellier -Dinner
Primetime Cafe - Lunch
Princess Storybook - Breakfast
ESPN - lunch

Overall we were very pleased with the quality of the food. Pricey yes, but then again so is everything at WDW! I'd be happy to answer any questions.

:D

Welcome back, WiscMomof2! Hope you had a nice trip. I'm curious to hear about your experience at Chef Mickey for dinner--how was the food and the character interaction? Recent posts have given this mixed reviews. Also interested in your Le Cellier dining experience...did you enjoy it overall and would you return?? Thanks for your opinions!

I would be interested in hearing more detail on these:
Le Cellier -Dinner
Primetime Cafe - Lunch

We will be doing all 3. How was the character interaction at the breakfast? what characters did you see? How was the food at le cellier & primetime? We will be doing thse for the very first time - can't wait!!

We are headed to Disney next week and have ps for Chef Mickey's for dnner. Would love to hear your opinions on it as far as food selection, quality, cleanliness, and character interaction. I've read some mixed reviews so far and am hoping it will be ok. Thanks!

Hi,

I am wondering about the Plaza Restaurant. DH and I have a PS there for our November trip. We've never eaten there, but have heard lots of good things about it. Did you enjoy it, and what would you reccommend for lunch there?

I also wanted to ask about Le Cellier. We had lunch there in January, but only had the breadsticks, cheese soup, and Caesar salads. Would you mind sharing what you ate here - we're thinking about the New York strip or the maple glazed salmon.

Thanks in advance-

Local_Girl and Jobro2:

We ate at Chef Mickeys our first night. Actually took a chance and went about an hour early for our 7PM PS because we had gotten in earlier than expected. They seated us pretty quickly. We felt the food was good for a buffet. My pickey daughters loved the kids selections(I must confess that I did too!;)) My husband said the prime rib was suprisingly good. The dessert area is great with the cupcake decorating area and the sundae bar. As far as cleanliness, anytime you have a lot of people going through a buffet line it can get messy, but I felt they did a good job at keeping tabs on things and refilling food that got low. The character interaction was great. We had Mickey, Minnie, and Chip and Dale with Donald and Goofy in the waiting area. They were all good, but Goofy was especially fun.

Local_Girl, Spoisal, and Mom of 5:

Le Cellier was outstanding. Our best meal of the trip. Our server Veronique was great. The girls split the kids steak and I'm glad they did because their portions were huge. I am normally not a big meat eater but I got the filet and it was very tender and flavorful. My husband said his NY strip was one of the best he's ever had. We also split the cheese soup and both said we wished we would have gotten our own. When we told Veronique how much we enjoyed it she brought us a printed copy of the recipe.

Spoisal:

Primetime Cafe was a hoot. Our sever Mark was very interactive, but not obnoxious. One of the other servers accidently bumped my husbands arm and he made her bring us some free cheese fries. I had the ham on marble rye and it was very tasty. My husband had the open faced steak sandwich and said it was good. Mark also talked us into getting the 100 years of Magic dessert which was very yummy. He scolded me for not knowing the sorcerers hat was edible.

Princess Storybook was also good. The food here was better than at CRT (with the exception of the french toast) The main draw here are the characters though. We had 5 princesses. Mulan, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine and Mary Poppins. They all took plenty of time at our table and interacted very nicely with the girls. Aurora and Mulan were highlights.

Mom of 5:

We really liked the Plaza for a quick inexpensive sit down meal. Due to a transportation snafu we were almost 1/2 hour late for our PS and they had no problem getting us in. Our server was nice and we got our food very quickly. I had the club sandwich w/ fries and my husband had the chicken sandwich w/fries. Both our entrees were very good. As a matter of fact, everything we saw being served looked good. Nice sized portions. I think the kids had the mini burgers or hot dogs. I can't remember which.

Misti:

We had PS for everything except Whispering Canyon. Once we checked in we didn't wait longer than 10-15 minutes at dinner and were seated immediately for lunch and breakfasts.

Hope this answers everything:D :D

Thank you so much for your detailed response!!

You made me want to try places we hadn't even considered before...;)

Sounds like Chef Mickey's was fun...we are looking forward to it. Thanks for your replies!!

Originally posted by WiscMomof2
Here is a list of the sit down restaraunts that we did last week:
Chef Mickey's - Dinner
CRT - Breakfast
Plaza Restarant - Dinner
Le Cellier -Dinner
Primetime Cafe - Lunch
ESPN - lunch

Please give info on Chef Mickey's Dinner, CRT Breakfast, Whispering Canyon, LeCellier Dinner, and Princess Storybook Breakfast. We have priority seatings for these and would like to know thru your experience the negs and pos and any tips. We will be there from Nov 22 to Dec 3 and we will have our almost 4yr old twins (ds, dd). Did you stay on Disney site? We will be at both BWV and OKW? Any info resorts would be great too!

Originally posted by WiscMomof2
Here is a list of the sit down restaraunts that we did last week:
Chef Mickey's - Dinner
CRT - Breakfast
Plaza Restarant - Dinner
Le Cellier -Dinner
Primetime Cafe - Lunch
ESPN - lunch

Please give info on Chef Mickey's Dinner, CRT Breakfast, Whispering Canyon, LeCellier Dinner, and Princess Storybook Breakfast. We have priority seatings for these and would like to know thru your experience the negs and pos and any tips. We will be there from Nov 22 to Dec 3 and we will have our almost 4yr old twins (ds, dd). Did you stay on Disney site? We will be at both BWV and OKW? Any info on those resorts would be great. What about tips on seeing parades and shows, such as better locations than others, etc.

Do you remember how much you spent at Prime Time Cafe? How much for the open face steak sandwhich? Were the prices higher than they are on the menu page at Debs site?
How about WCC?? Did the prices go up there too?? thanks for the information!!!! :)

wenpop-

For the 4 of us at PTC I think our bill was something like $50.00 before tip. I can't remember exactly how much the steak sandwich was, but Deb's site looks pretty close to me for there as well as WCC. :D

tbickford-

We really enjoyed all the places you ask about. My earlier post has details on my experience with Chef Mickeys, Le Cellier, and PSB. As far as WCC, we didn't have a PS and were able to be seated immediately for lunch. (It was a Sunday) We had a good server that a nice banter going with her tables. My kids really liked the stick pony races. My 4 year old gallopped right along with the rest of them so your kids will probably fit in nicely. ;) My husband stuffed himself with the BBQ skillet, I had the club sandwich and the girls split the chicken fingers.

We loved CRT for the atmosphere more than anything. We had an 8:20 PS and checked in a little after 8 and were seated immediately. I agree with other posters who say the food probably isn't worth $20.00 for adults, but there's just something about the experience of eating in the castle that was very cool. Our princesses were Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, and Mary Poppins with the Fairy Godmother in the lobby. We didn't feel rushed at all, but I still think we got a tad more personal attention from the characters at PSB. BTW, we just got our pictures back today and the looks on my girls faces in the pictures with all the princesses made these b'fasts both worth every penny to me. I would definitely do one again.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter