• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back!! Here are a few tips....

MommaluvsDis

DIS Veteran
1. FAST PASS!! A Disney must do!

2. Brita filtered water bottles

3. E-night.... A lot of FUN!!

4. The 9:30 wagon ride at Fort Wilderness.... Driver Chris took us to the water and we watched the Electric Parade and the fireworks over Cinderella's castle. All for $8.00!

5. Ponchos. Used them several times during last week's trip!

6. Last but certainly not least............

Yourride Limo Service!!!!

Why do you say use a britta filter bottle? we are going in 4 days , I thought about getting on but did not...corvair

What is a brita water bottle? Do I have to make reservations for the hayride? Please be quick-we leave on the 27th!

Do you need ressie's for hay ride? Do you think the Hoop-dee-doo review 7:30 show will get out in time to do it on the same night?
Thanks!

We were just there a couple of weeks ago, and I totally agree on the E-Ride, FastPass, Poncho, and Brita Water Bottles. Haven't tried the other tips - not yet anyway!

I bought a Brita water bottle for myself at Kohl's, and for my Mom at Walmart. I don't know if they have them at all Walmarts or not, but these were with the Pur, Brita, etc. water tap filters. They filter water by squirting it through a charcoal filter when you squeeze the bottle, and I estimate that they hold 20 oz. or so of water. For those of us who don't like the taste of some tap water, these work great. They are too big to fit in small bags, but the water bottle straps you can buy at WDW parks will go around them down on the bottle part where there is a little indention all the way around the bottle. I carried a bottle around like this most of the time I was there, and everytime I left it in the room I wished I had it. By the way, they cost somewhere between $5 and $10 - that will only get you 2-4 bottles of bottled water at WDW.

We also took the cheap disposable ponchos that are available in the Walmart/Target camping supply areas. They are less than a dollar each.

WE are renting A mini-van so I was thinking of taking a trip to the local store and buying a styrophome cooler and couple of cases of water. Maybe I will pick up one of those Brita-filter bottles to because then if you run out in a park you can refill it right away! Heres my question:
Would the Brita top (that screws onto the bottle) fit on a smaller (water) bottle? Could I screw it onto the bought spring water bottle and then not worry when I have to refill it that the water is gross!

You can buy Brita Water Filters without the bottles or with the bottles. At Walmart (in Texas) they come in a two pack for approximately $7.00. These filters fit on bottled water...so you can bring a fresh drink to the park and refill as needed from the faucets at the park.

During our last Disney trip I bought four Brita Water Bottles for our family. We normally carry a backpack around Disney, so I thought, "No Problem." There was one huge problem-they are VERY heavy. After one day I gave up. I decided not to subject my husband to lugging that heavy backpack around. Maybe take one or two, but keep the weight in mind.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter