Just back from week long trip

Did you go to epcot on a Saturday? We went on a Friday night and it actually wasn’t too bad but then we went Saturday during the afternoon to get pressed pennies and never again. We also went to mk on a party day because we thought there would be less people but it was packed.

No almost a decade's worth of fall trips has taught me to avoid Epcot at all costs from about 3pm on Friday until Sunday morning.

Our MK day was a party day and we got a ton done. I was shocked to wander up for a parade spot about 20 minutes beforehand and the afternoon show of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire was maybe five rows deep in front of the castle.

No almost a decade's worth of fall trips has taught me to avoid Epcot at all costs from about 3pm on Friday until Sunday morning.

Our MK day was a party day and we got a ton done. I was shocked to wander up for a parade spot about 20 minutes beforehand and the afternoon show of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire was maybe five rows deep in front of the castle.
We went to mk on a Friday so maybe that is why but we had a completely different experience. It’s a small world had a 50 minute wait and we could barely walk through fantasy land.

I think that’s why we now spend much less time in the parks! We also don’t try to do everything in one trip, because it does stress you out!! My kids still haven’t been to Pandora. We also don’t worry about making many ADRs, so we’re not tied to a schedule. Our next trip, we only are doing the parks for 2 days, golfing and visiting the resorts for the holidays 1 day, and enjoying the resort for the other 2 days.

I think that’s why we now spend much less time in the parks! We also don’t try to do everything in one trip, because it does stress you out!! My kids still haven’t been to Pandora. We also don’t worry about making many ADRs, so we’re not tied to a schedule. Our next trip, we only are doing the parks for 2 days, golfing and visiting the resorts for the holidays 1 day, and enjoying the resort for the other 2 days.
I'm not sure when we will be back to WDW, but we will definitely take more time to resort hop and just relax. There are things on my list to do that aren't at the parks like the surfing at Typhoon Lagoon and renting a SeaRaycer at a monorail resort. I also think the next time we are back we will spend time at Universal because it's been a couple years since we've been there.

Thx for sharing ur thoughts and report OP. sorry the visit failed to live up to ur expectations. I hope some of the fun times and the good times the kids had at the “sand” will outweigh the negatives... agree, perhaps a break or different strategy next time.

Thx for sharing ur thoughts and report OP. sorry the visit failed to live up to ur expectations. I hope some of the fun times and the good times the kids had at the “sand” will outweigh the negatives... agree, perhaps a break or different strategy next time.
Lol we didn't have any kids with us, but Dh and I sure enjoyed the sand area :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts