Just Back From Vero Beach

PBB

Mouseketeer
My wife and I just got back from Vero Beach. Thanks to everyone who gave us tips on things to do without kids at Vero in a previous posting.

The resort was in great shape. They were reroofing the inn near the pool side of the resort. We stayed in a Inn room with an ocean view. We had one of the rooms with a king size bed on the 4th floor (thanks to a tip from the board). We celebrated our 20th anniversary on this trip so vacationing at a DVC resort without children was different and quite enjoyable. I must have mentioned the fact that we were celebrating our anniversary. Disney sent a fruit basket from Goofy and Max alog with a magical celebration certificate.

We had some weather issues with the tropical depression that was hanging off the coast. Lot of wind and lot of surf on the beach. It was quite exhilarating. One thing we came away on this first visit to VB is that we want to go back and we want to stay in one of the cottages on the beach. We asked to take a tour of one and they were spectacular.

My biggest disappointement was the restaurants. I found the food to be very institutionalized and was somewhat disappointed. We had dinner at shutters, sonyas and green cabin. We had breakfast at shudders twice.

The worst part of the trip was something Disney could not control. We had a special dinner last night at Sonya's and it was continually interupted by rude families with children who did not behave and parents that did not discipline or take the kids out. Perhaps, Disney could have family and strictly adult hours at the restaurant to avoid this. It was ashame that people give no consideration to others. The one night we had dinner at the green cabin while watching the Braves/Astro playoff game one father brought his two kids 4 or 5 years old and set them at a table to play gameboy while daddy sat at the bar and drank. Kind of sad......The restaurant manager told me he had one mother complain that the band was to loud and she was afraid that they would wake their child in the car seat strapped to the bar stool. LOL

Other than that incident....we had a great time and look forward to returning to Vero Beach again.....

Pat

Thanks for the review. Glad you had a good time. We have stayed at VB and loved it both times. I do agree with your assessment of the restaurants, however.

Wow. I'm surprised about the restaurants. We almost always have excellent meals there (Iespecially at Sonya's.)

It's too bad about the children. We always take our kids there and they act very well. We usually have someone come up to us and comment on how well behaved our children are.
:)

I wouldn't mind them adding a few things to their menu.

It sounds like you still had a great trip. :flower:

I was at Vero twice this year, went in April for the first time and loved it so we went back in May. We ate in Sonya's and had a good meal. All of our other dinners were off site. Vero has some nice restaurants and the staff at the desk was very good at suggestions. Vero is definately a hidden jewel and we will be going back. We also did a tour of the cottages loved them.

Glad you were able to get the king room for your anniversary trip. I believe those are both oceanfront on the forth floor on either side of the middle section?? We thoughly enjoyed our 'no kids' trip last May, just lying on the bed watching the ocean. We had a good meal at Shutter's (fish, flatbread, salad) but the service was a little.... confused. It was like they were experienced waitresses but serving in a new restaurant???

Many people seem to enjoy the restaurants at Vero but I have to say I've always felt they could do better. I try to eat offsite. I had one absolutely awful meal at Sonya's when entertaining friends -- not headed back there any time soon.

Other than that --- I LOOOOOVE Vero!

PamOKW said:
Many people seem to enjoy the restaurants at Vero but I have to say I've always felt they could do better. I try to eat offsite. I had one absolutely awful meal at Sonya's when entertaining friends -- not headed back there any time soon.

Other than that --- I LOOOOOVE Vero!

I hate it when you take friends places that were always good for you, and it is just awful.

OP, so glad you had a good trip. That was so sweet that you got a gift basket. How magical.

I have noticed it is always the families with out of control kids and parents that do nothing about it that gets noticed. The good ones just fad in the background.

My kids tend to be somewhere in the middle. We have our good and not so good moments, but we try not to let them go unpunished or rewarded. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter