Just back from trip

bubbasmom99

DIS Veteran
I will post a more detailed trip report later, but a few memorable highlights:

- DH and I are big believers in travelling off-season. We would normally never go during spring break, but the opportunity to travel down and have our airfare paid for was too great to overcome! It was busy but not too crowded. As we were leaving this morning, it looked like the week was going to get worse, though.

- DCA is okay but nothing that we need to visit again for awhile. Didn't ride too many rides. Soarin' was Fastpassed out, and they weren't even taking single riders. Standby line was 80 minutes. Cal. Screamin was broken on Sunday and didn't try yesterday. Rode Superstar Limo and saw the "Steps in Time" show... and Muppets 3d. And caught a glimpse of the Eureka parade, which had a nice beat, but I am wondering what relevance a huge walking box of Chinese take-out food has (I am Chinese, and I think I should be offended, unless someone can explain that to me).

- Park hopper tickets - had a very negative experience at DL on our way back in on Sunday night. We had been to DCA in the afternoon, and got into the "entrance" line at DL on Sunday evening, rather than the "re-entry" line, because my interpretation was our first entrance to that park for the day. The person taking the tickets kept turning people away, losing her patience, barking "re-entry", "re-entry", "re-entry". I think they need to mark the signs that if you have been to EITHER park, you need to get back into re-entry. The 2 park concept is new to the DL resort... how are people supposed to know?? And this cast member is going to get a complaint sent in from me. It was very rude of her.

- Found that the housekeeping staff at the DL hotel doesn't heed the "privacy" tag that you hang on the door. Had them try to come into our room while we were relaxing one afternoon (we had the bolt/hook thingy one - and they got the message), but we left soon after that and came back to our room to find the hang tag missing and our room made up. We didn't need service and I had my laptop and camera equipment laying out - I'm kinda disturbed to find that they *had* to come into our room.

- Overall found that the prices had gone up, not only on the admission media ($116 for a 3 day park hopper), but also on merchandise (close to $50 for a sweatshirt, over $30 for most tshirts), and meals (character breakfasts running $18 or so, nice sit-down restaurants having limited menus and high prices... but some counter-service gems).

I will get more detailed later but that's it for now!

Joy

DVC 12/00
WDW - 12/00 (DxL), 8/96 (CR/GF)
DL - 8/00 (offsite), 11/99 (DLH), 8/98 (DLH), 8/97 (offsite), 12/96 (offsite), 6/94 (DLH), and numerous visits as a child...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter