Just back from the Magic (1/6/19 sailing)

Some of the lines were quite long. Suddenly being on the ship felt a bit like being at the parks. With the debut however of Captain Marvel and all of the excitement surrounding the characters it was completely fine and manageable. Much like the parks, if you were in the line for a certain character before their cut off time you were guaranteed to see them. For the ticketed event- Heroes of NY, expect to see Iron Man, Black Panther and Spider-Man. Please DO NOT miss the show that evening, Heroes Unite, it was awesome!

So other than crowded, what was the mix of ages for this cruise? We have a bounce back booked for next Christmas but I'm considering switching to a cruise instead. Specifically a cruise this week or the week before in 2020. Thanks!

What was the mix of ages..... Well, this was my 6th DCL Cruise over 13 years. This is the second time we have cruised over Winter Break. The range and mix of kids seemed to be about the same to me. My son went to nearly all of the 1820 Society events and really enjoyed them. They were well attended. I didn’t hear about any of the kids clubs being full so there must have been average numbers there as well. Yes there were long lines at MDAS but with the first time ever premier of Captain Marvel and the opportunity to take photos with Black Panther and Groot, it was all well worth it!

In terms of mix of ages, I had the impression that more small kids have been on that cruise than on our previous cruises, which made prefect sense to me assuming that many school kids had to go to school again. Anyway I did not experience the ship as crowded but as very well booked for sure. Only on MDAS the lines where quite long, especially in the morning, got shorter later in the day. Only the Loki / Thor line did not seem to shorten in any way.

did you see lots of people blogging? :flower1: There were quite a few popular vloggers (including the Dis) who were onboard that sailing. :) I'm waiting for their videos :)

I too have been waiting for videos but only Tim tracker has anything posted... The Dis did a few on the first day but nothing since then that I can find I'm very sad :(

Well be heading on this cruise in the middle of February. Thinking of dressing up for Marvel Night. Were many people dressed in costume?

On our sailing there were LOTS of folks dressed up for MDAS. Everything from Marvel character t-shirts to full on head to toe costumes with make-up and accessories. Many families dressed up together, I saw dads and sons- moms and daughters- husbands and wives- It was a great day and lots of folks really got into it. Not everyone of course but whether you dressed up or not, I think everyone felt appropriate.

Do you have any of the Navigators that you could post please? Looking for the first day and MDAS but would love to see each day!!:)

Also, please consider sending the navigators to Scott at the DCL blog. I personally have relied heavily on that section of his blog during planning (and periods of procrastination) and I love reading what people give him. :)

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...day-at-sea-cruise-from-miami-january-11-2019/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter