Just Back From The Grand Floridian...

JANIE G.

Mouseketeer
First off, I want to say that the Grand Floridian is without a doubt the most beautiful resort we've had the pleasure of staying at. We had a dormer room on the 4th floor of Boca Chica, which I requested. I read a few days before we left that someone had problems with housekeeping not being up to par at Boca Chica, but that was not the case for us. Housekeeping was wonderful. Each day the room was vacuumed, the bathroom cleaned, stocked with towels, the beds made up with fresh bedding and each night there was turn down service with chocolates on our pillows.

We also loved the grounds of the resort. It was wonderful just to take a walk and look at the flowers and landscaping. Most nights we would watch the fireworks from the marina and they were great. When they were finished, it was nice to go to the lobby and listen to the band or some nights they had a piano player.

I haven't even touched on how good the restaurants were at the resort. I'm in the process of writing up a report on where we ate and posting it on the restaurant discussion page.

This won't be our last stay at the Grand Floridian, as a matter of fact, we're planning on returning next year. If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them for you.:D

Janie

Welcome Home! I'm so glad you had a great stay at the GF! What was your room number, and did it have a connecting door to another room? What was the view like?

Thanks!!! :)

WE DIDN'T HAVE A CONNECTING DOOR TO ANOTHER ROOM. OUR ROOM NUMBER WAS 8438 AND WE HAD A VIEW OF THE MAIN BUILDING AND THE POOL. I REALLY DON'T THINK THERE ARE TOO MANY ROOMS AT THIS RESORT WITH A BAD VIEW. WE JUST LOVED STAYING THERE.

Janie, did you like having a dormer room, or do you think you would have preferred a regular style room? Did you take any pictures of your room? If so, I'd love to see them!

i can't wait for our first stay there...
my husband and i were talking about it last night and we're really looking forward to it....
glad to hear you had a nice time..

CALIFORNIA DREAMING

MY HUSBAND AND I DID LIKE OUR DORMER ROOM, ALTHOUGH WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO COMPARE IT TO. FOR THE TWO OF US IT WAS JUST RIGHT AND IT DID FEEL QUITE ROOMY BECAUSE OF THE VAULTED CEILING. I WOULD BOOK ANOTHER DORMER ROOM IN THE FUTURE.

I TOOK OVER 200 PICTURES, JUST OF THE RESORT AND ANOTHER 221 OF THE PARKS AND THE ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEND E-MAIL YOU A SAMPLING. JUST LET ME KNOW WHERE TO SEND THEM TO. IT MIGHT NOT BE TONIGHT, AS I'M GETTING READY THINGS READY TO GO TO WORK TOMORROW. MY FIRST DAY BACK AFTER TWO WEEKS OF FUN! THIS IS THE PART OF VACATION I'M DREADING, BUT ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END. NOW I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR TRIP NEXT YEAR.

We are going in July and I can't wait. I am so glad you had a wonderful trip.

I TRIED SENDING MY PHOTOS OF THE GRAND FLORIDIAN TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ASKED FOR THEM. SOME OF YOU COULD NOT OPEN THE ZIP FILE AND FOR OTHERS I HAD A HARD TIME SENDING THEM TO YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS. I JUST UPLOADED 46 PICTURES TO IMAGESTATION.COM AND THEY SENT E-MAIL MESSAGES TO THE PEOPLE I HAVE E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR. I HOPE ALL OF YOU GOT YOUR MESSAGE FROM THEM ABOUT MY ALBUM.

IF ANYONE HAD ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS CHECKING OUT MY PHOTOS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'M TRYING TO GET THESE PICTURES TO YOU.

THANKS,
JANIE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter