• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from the GF - LV

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Hey everyone! :) Just got home last night from WDW... we were at the GF, LV, Conch Key, room #7329. :)

I'm working on my trip report, and I have pictures too! :) But if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. :)

Welcome back, Erika! I can't wait to see your pictures--and read your report! :)

Just a quick question. When I was there in December I found the GF as great as ever. There have been some recent posts that the place is going to pot. I found nothing lacking. It was the same as it was when it opened and I go a few times every year. How did you find it?

TeenaS - I just added my 2 cents to that other post. I have to somewhat agree that the housekeeping service and overall service is not what it use to be. However, the main reason to stay there is for the MK and castle views, as well as the monorail and closeness to MK and Epcot. If you're just looking for a luxurious hotel there are others that are MUCH better. It just depends on what you're looking for. Our 2 children (ages 1 and 3) love MK and we spend a lot of time there. So the GF is worth it for us, even though we had a bad housekeeping experience. I don't know what to tell you... it's a hard decision.

Since I've never had a bad experience and was just there a few weeks ago, I'll stick to the GF until I have one. I've had horrible experiences at CS and WL and AKL and don't like the Epcot resorts. I sure hope Disney management fixes the mistakes that are obviously being made over there. I guess I've been lucky.

We had a great mousekeeper our first day. She was so sweet and did everything just right. I think we just got a dud the last 4 days. It was bad luck. :(

Great report. :) I'm still eager to get back to the GF. ;) Not sure what's going to happen when I head down to FL in a couple weeks have have to miss WDW altogether. :(

Originally posted by TeenaS
Just a quick question. When I was there in December I found the GF as great as ever. There have been some recent posts that the place is going to pot. I found nothing lacking. It was the same as it was when it opened and I go a few times every year. How did you find it?

I had the same experience in December, Teena. In fact, we were very impressed with Housekeeping during our stay: room was immaculate, toilet paper replaced if it was even half empty, tolietries left every day, extra washcothes left when they noticed we used lots of these, etc. It was disheartening to read these recent reports. Fortunately, I have always been impressed with the GF and will continue to return each year.

I hope these recent reports were isolated incidents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter