Just Back from OKW

jupers

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Just back from our crazy road trip from Boston to Sevierville, TN; St. Simon's, Georgia and of course OKW.

All of it was a complete success!! And I surprisingly, really liked the driving down part.

Anyway, we stayed at OKW for the 1st time for 5 nights in a studio. At first, I didn't love it, but I kind of warmed up to it by the end. We ate at Olivia's and rented a pontoon from the Marina. The studio was a good size but a weird shape because it was a corner room. However, I did think that even though they have been recently renovated they do need a complete overhaul. Nothing major but the bathrooms are more than showing their age. However, I would stay there again. Each resort is such a different experience! I love them all I think. For the first time we did not get hoppers and I actually really liked that! It forced us to relax a bit. For the low point cost it was so worth it!!! I know the 1 bedrooms are bigger and I look forward to trying one of those!

Glad it was an overall success! Our 1st stay at OKW was less than stellar, but it was in a studio. Took us a few yrs before we returned, but this time in a 1 bed and we fell in love with OKW at that point.

We've stayed in the studios and 1 bdr at Okw. Our first stay was in a studio with dh and I and 2 kids. We had plenty of room for air mattress which we could just slide under the bed during the day. Yes it would have been better but it was impromptu stay and we made do took breakfast and lunch food. Used the pools as we were at millers rd at the time. For overnight stays its ok too but I love the 1 bdr for longer stays. Gives everyone their own space not to mention the jacuzzi

OKW is my favorite resort but I have to agree, the studios get the most wear and tear and are on the tatty side! However, once you try a one bedroom, it will be tough to go back to a studio!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your OKW stay. The boys enjoy the watercrafts, the tennis courts, the boat to/from DTD, the Turtle Shack area and with the 4 of them, a 2br OKW villa fits the bill superbly!

Hi all,

Just back from our crazy road trip from Boston to Sevierville, TN; St. Simon's, Georgia and of course OKW.

All of it was a complete success!! And I surprisingly, really liked the driving down part.

Anyway, we stayed at OKW for the 1st time for 5 nights in a studio. At first, I didn't love it, but I kind of warmed up to it by the end. We ate at Olivia's and rented a pontoon from the Marina. The studio was a good size but a weird shape because it was a corner room. However, I did think that even though they have been recently renovated they do need a complete overhaul. Nothing major but the bathrooms are more than showing their age. However, I would stay there again. Each resort is such a different experience! I love them all I think. For the first time we did not get hoppers and I actually really liked that! It forced us to relax a bit. For the low point cost it was so worth it!!! I know the 1 bedrooms are bigger and I look forward to trying one of those!

When they did the full (hah!) renovation at OKW, they didn't touch the bathrooms. But I was watching House Hunters yesterday and they were showing homes at Key West in the older part of town. One house was from the early 1900's and it had the large green tile with the big gap between the tiles, just like OKW. It's too bad they didn't keep the OKW theme when they renovated.

The "odd shape" of the studio was not because of it being a corner room, all the studios at OKW are basically identical, except some do not have a set of front windows. The units without front windows are generally located in the cross bar of the "U" shaped buildings.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. OKW is not my favorite resort, but I have had some very nice views from our villas there.

We just got back from a vacation in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and enjoyed Dollywood a lot!

Hi all,

Anyway, we stayed at OKW for the 1st time for 5 nights in a studio. At first, I didn't love it, but I kind of warmed up to it by the end. We ate at Olivia's and rented a pontoon from the Marina. The studio was a good size but a weird shape because it was a corner room. However, I did think that even though they have been recently renovated they do need a complete overhaul. Nothing major but the bathrooms are more than showing their age. However, I would stay there again. Each resort is such a different experience! I love them all I think. For the first time we did not get hoppers and I actually really liked that! It forced us to relax a bit. For the low point cost it was so worth it!!! I know the 1 bedrooms are bigger and I look forward to trying one of those![/

How much was pontoon rental? I have searched everywhere and not found it.... What building were you in? How was the view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter