• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from Homewood Suites Kissimmee

KARLT

Earning My Ears
Just got back from Homewood Suites Kissimmee (3100 Parkway Blvd) and a few random observations. First, we got a great govt. rate at $69 per night. Location is excellent. First traffic light at the intersection of I-4 and 192. It took us between 10-15 minutes from the hotel to any of the Disney Parking lots. Rooms were nice sized, clean, with two TVs. They serve a breakfast buffet every morning with cereal, waffels you make yourself, fruit, bagles, donuts, coffee and juice. Monday through THursday, they serve a Manager's Welcome, with different food each night (spaghetti, hot dogs, etc.). The hotel is right near the Interstae, so you might hear traffic depending on where your room is. Only problems we had were that one day they didn't make up our room, but as soon as I notified the front desk, they had some come right away and take care of it. If you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me at KARLT36030@AOL.COM

and stay clear of this place!!! The hotel staff is completely incompetent....Not to mention my room was not the nicest...the carpet was all stained and gross and the bathroom was very run down looking...When I checked out I used my Visa debit card to pay the $144 I owed for the room and when I arrived home I found they decided to go and charge me $378 for no apparent reason other than...oh we made a mistake and charged you rack rate..Nevermind the slip for the correct amount had been signed...They just went and charged me whatever the hell they felt like it..So they claim to have issued me a credit...Mind you this money came out of my checking acct and i Need it...do they care? Not apparently...The GM of the hotel is so insistant the credit was processed even after I spoke in depth with my bank who called MAC and there was no auth code for any credit..The GM says he will fax me the transmittal report showing the credit..fine I say, lets see it...he faxes it to me..How odd my acct number is WRONG and the approval code is 000000....shouldnt that have told him something? I asked beforehand could it have been credited incorrectly? Oh no m'aam he tells me...Meanwhile, back at the ranch, a week and a half later I am still waiting for them to get their act together...I would highly recommend those thinking about staying here finding themselves alternate accomodations...Not once through all of the aggravation, long distance phone calls, etc has a We are sorry for the inconvenience crossed their lips...so much for their 100% satisfaction guarantee...This hotel sucks the big one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter