Just back from HHI

DVCDAD

DIS Veteran/Grand Poobah...Been there,Done that...
Just got back from HHI. I must say that the resort appears to be in awesome shape! Cast members were all courteous and friendly as usual.

My only wish is that the water slide should be open past 5pm!

We are heading to HHI next week! Do you happen to know how much they are charging for the BBQ? Thanks!!

We are going there for the 1st time in August.

Does anyone know if the pool stays open later than 5:00 p.m. over the summer?

The pool stays open until 10pm in the summer or it did last year. They close it due to the villas that are close by and would have noise by the pool.

The slide being closed is a lifeguard issue not a pool being closed issue.

The pool is open until 10pm but the slide is closed when the lifeguards go aff duty at 5pm. They usually have a pool party with the slide open again on Tuesday evenings in the summer until the fireworks start around 9pm.

Just got back from HHI. I must say that the resort appears to be in awesome shape! Cast members were all courteous and friendly as usual.

My only wish is that the water slide should be open past 5pm!

I've never been there and I'd love to see pictures. :)

The Low Country Shrimp Boil is on Tuesday night and is $25 for adults and $10 for small children.

I agree with the pool closing at 10pm, so people can have quiet, but it would be nice to have the slide open later than 5pm

I guess I am like a big kid when it comes to water slides:confused3

Any tips on a good place to watch the fireworks from? We are going for the 4th and aren't sure of the best place to view them. Also, anyone know how much it is to rent beach chairs and an umbrella? Anyone ever bring their own on the shuttle?

Any tips on a good place to watch the fireworks from? We are going for the 4th and aren't sure of the best place to view them. Also, anyone know how much it is to rent beach chairs and an umbrella? Anyone ever bring their own on the shuttle?

The fireworks are easily seen from the pier & pool area. Actually they are probably viewable from all over the resort as they are shot off in the marsh so if you can see the marsh you should probably be able to see the fireworks as long as a big tree is not in your way. ;)

Not sure how much rentals are as we always bring our own. But yes you can bring them on the shuttle, see it all the time. However if you have alot of beach stuff it might be easier to drive over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!