Just back from BWV

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
We were at the BWV in a 1 bedroom room 3024 from 4/22-4/27. The BW has always been our favorite even though we own at SSR. Our last trip was in Nov at SSR and we really missed the room there! I was really surprised too, that we much prefer the rooms at SSR over BWV. Yes we did have that long walk to the elevators. We were actually 2 doors away from the stairs. That really didn't bother us. The BW is beautiful. Great lobby, pretty grounds, great atmosphere on the BW and IMHO the location is hard to beat. Even with all that, the room still disappointed us. It looked in need of a rehab. Paint chiped, worn cabinets, broken locks on the bathroom doors, other broken things in the room, chipped tiles. It was just after staying at SSR where the materials are of better quality and the resort is newer, we were use to that and let down while at the BW. Not to mention when on the DDP the lack of CS options, really only one option of going to the bakery. Also the BC market place blows away the BW store for CS and other snack options. The new sleeper sofa was a good concept having everything in there already as far as blankets and pillows, but it wasn't very comfortable. When it was to be used as a couch it was not confortable and felt really cheap. We were just left feeling the rooms need some work. JMHO, no flames please. It actually kills me to even admit it becuse we have always loved the BW, but next time we will go back to SSR.

We still had a great trip and added on at the AKV!!!

BW is our home as well, but the last two spring breaks we've decided to go at the last minute and could only getSSR. DH likes SSR "every bit as much" as BWV. BWV is still my favorite, but we've enjoyed SSR jus as much. I don't think it would take much for DH to add on at SSR though. He's a big golfer, so I think that has an impression on him!

Welcome back!! We had our first stay at BWV as DVC members two years ago. We enjoyed it but we much prefer SSR--good thing we own there. We're going to try all the other DVC resorts at some point because that's half the fun of being a DVC member. Congrats on your add-on!!!

We just returned from studio 3125 at the BWV. I have to admit the BCV and BWV are my favorites because of location. I love the area and we spent every night on the boardwalk watching fireworks! But, we too were disappointed in the room condition. We had two broken dresser drawers and two clogged toilet episodes (one overflowed). They did send someone to clean everything, but we were apprehensive the entire week. The poor plumber admitted that by 8:00 am he had unclogged 4 toilets. My husband (who never questions anything) called the front desk to ask if we had a standard TV because our television was the same size as his computer monitor. The halls were very clean and the grounds were lovely. We didn't even mind the long walk to our room. I can't comment on the sofa bed. We enjoyed it as a sofa, but didn't need to open it. Hopefully, a few things will be repaired and updated.

I was at BWV last week also, studio 4005. There were a few chips and nicks, but I don't consider that a big deal, function and cleanliness is more important to me. For example, there was a gouge out of the bottom corner of the TV cabinet/chest of drawers. I wouldn't expect them to replace it just for that, that would be a waste of dues money. They are due for a rehab, it's been quite a while since they have done a full painting/replace carpeting etc. The hallway carpet is looking shabby. I should know because I had the longggg walk...I managed to make it without collapsing ;).

I do wish they had better counter service options. I think a good spot would be the old kids club, which is on the 1st floor facing the Village Green. I did see cm's going in and out of there, not sure what they are using it for.

The TV is small. One thing I wondered is when I attended the BWV members meeting in 12/2003, they said they were going to put HD TV's in, plus coffee tables in the studios. Neither has been done.

Nothing beats the view:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7da09b3127cce8440b23b1aa000000036108AZOGTFq4ZtJ

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7da09b3127cce8440abcedbf100000026108AZOGTFq4ZtJ

The tv was an issue for us. Yes it is small but the remote kept working sporatically, even with new batteries. The DVD player didn't work properly and you couldn't use the remote for the DVD player. Thankfully our toilet didn't overflow! I'm so sorry you had that happen to you!

Do the BWV studios on the top floor(or any floor) have the problem that the VWL do with the enclosed sidewall balconies on some rooms? I knew they had them at VWL , but not sure about BW and we are planning to stay there this sept with a BW view

Do the BWV studios on the top floor(or any floor) have the problem that the VWL do with the enclosed sidewall balconies on some rooms? I knew they had them at VWL , but not sure about BW and we are planning to stay there this sept with a BW view

Some are enclosed. I had a 1 bedroom on the 2nd floor last year with one, above Big River. It was a lockoff, so there was a studio next to it with the same.

See these pictures, there are some on the top floor, I'm not sure which are specifically studios.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7da09b3127cce844094e21a6a00000026108AZOGTFq4ZtJ

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7da09b3127cce844094161a9e00000036108AZOGTFq4ZtJ

We also just returned from a beautiful BW view studio (2037) right above the "Thimbles" sign. We were there from 4/22-4/27 and enjoyed a spectacular view of the Boardwalk and both the Epcot and MK fireworks from our super large balcony. We were lucky in that the room was in excellent shape and small corrections needed for the room were immediately addressed by housekeeping and maintenance. Also we were pleasantly surprised that the noise level of the Boardwalk was nil when we closed the balcony door for the night. It was by far one of our best room assignments over the past years. Hope your as lucky next time around.

To all who had hardware/equipment issues with your room:

Did you notify guest services of the issues? I think far too often people notice issues and live with them. If they don't know they can't fix them. Though DVC members are far better about notification than others at hotels.

They've always responded quickly to us or my parents when visiting.

The toilet issue is strange... sounds like they need a drain pipe cleaner out.

To all who had hardware/equipment issues with your room:

Did you notify guest services of the issues? I think far too often people notice issues and live with them. If they don't know they can't fix them. Though DVC members are far better about notification than others at hotels.

They've always responded quickly to us or my parents when visiting.

The toilet issue is strange... sounds like they need a drain pipe cleaner out.

You're right about the plumbing (even the plumber agreed). Sounds like a frequent issue. We spoke with guests services when we checked out about the other issues and they made note of things.

Wow, sounds like DIS week at the BWV. DS and his wife were in studio #3011 from 4/22 to 4/27. How did everyone feel about the availability of elevators? Tim felt they had to wait a rather long time for elevators-said BWV needs another elevator. I don't know if he's being overly critical, though-he also complained that the rocking chairs outside were too close to the doors-he said that because he walked outside and cracked his ankle on the back of a rocking chair. Not like he's a klutz or anything and didn't look where he was going!

The elevators seemed fine to me, I was on the 4th floor. One time I was in a hurry and there was a mom and 2 boys waiting in front of me. Other family members came off the elevator and they stood in front of it talking to them and let it close! I just stood there with my mouth open and the mom gave me a dirty look! I know it wasn't a big deal to wait for another one but I was just shocked.

To me the elevators were fine. Once you are in them they are super fast. The issues we had with our room were ones that a simple little fix wouldn't do it. It needed to be fully rehabbed! We didn't say anything and we should have just to let them know how we felt.

Sorry you had a bad experience with the room at BW. I am taking guests for a short stay in September. It is my home resort, and the worst thing I've ever noticed was some mildew in the grout of the bottom tiles in the shower, which mousekeeping took care of (nothing I couldn't scrub off myself - but hey, my hand just won't scrub for some strange reason....when I'm on vacation :goodvibes )
I have never had a room that was in poor condition, nothing short of good to excellent as a matter of fact. Whereas, I am a little worried after reading this post, I will go with the usual "WOW I'm here again!!!" smile on my face and hope my guests are just as happy, and that the room is in fine condition. The t.v. rarely gets turned on when I'm away, actually I'd prefer no t.v.'s, so I've never even noticed the size, or functionality of the remote.
Hope your next stay at BW is better. I'm a die hard BW fan, and mostly don't like to stay any place else on property, although I will most definitely give AKV a shot in the future, as they say.....location, location, location :)

We were just at BWV in March and had two rooms. The first studio was in fairly good shape as far as furniture but the kitchen sink backed up and the floor was damp.

Our 1 bdrm. over the Wyland Galleries was in tough shape. The furniture was extremely knicked up - I would not have it in my home. Also, our patio was filthy as were the patio doors. I reported it 3 times but nothing was done. We still love the Boardwalk but had a much better experience at SSR as far as room cleanliness.

I hope they update and maintain the BWV - we do love it there!

Wow this thread is making me really nervous! :scared: We are new BWV owners and have our first trip scheduled for Thanksgiving. My DH was nervous about buying into DVC but I convinced him to "jump in the water"....hope he doesn't throw me in once we get there! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter