Just back from Bolder Ridge and Poly... so much fun!

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
We just returned from our 2 nights at BR and 4 nights at Poly! We had a blast! It was so neat to get to experience 2 new resorts on this trip... and for our group the Poly was the winner! Loved them both.. great atmosphere I just think the Poly has that vibe... and being able to watch the fireworks while you are in the pool is AMAZING!! Kids loved the pool slide so much just in general. Monorail to MK was awesome. This is my first time staying at a MK resort and I can certainly see why people love it.

We did the Ohana breakfast and the Beach club Cape may and we all also liked Ohana better... maybe becuase we were so tired by that point and it was a sit down meal vs. buffet and Mickey was there and our little 6 year old really wanted to meet Mickey eventhough he had already met Minnie etc at Cape May!

Toy story land is so cute and we did both new rides. Slinky Dog is really good! Great fit for younger kids but thrilling for older ones as well. All in all really fun, but no shade. It was super hot so we did'nt hang around too much, it was our last day and we were just beat.

We had 5 in a studio at both resorts, 2 adult women and 3 kids. We did not feel too crammed, worked out just fine. I will say I don't understand why they didn't put 2 toilets vs. 2 showers in Poly... that would have been much more helpful for us.

An amazing and exhausting trip... so far I am loving my DVC!! KIM

We just returned from our 2 nights at BR and 4 nights at Poly! We had a blast! It was so neat to get to experience 2 new resorts on this trip... and for our group the Poly was the winner! Loved them both.. great atmosphere I just think the Poly has that vibe... and being able to watch the fireworks while you are in the pool is AMAZING!! Kids loved the pool slide so much just in general. Monorail to MK was awesome. This is my first time staying at a MK resort and I can certainly see why people love it.

We did the Ohana breakfast and the Beach club Cape may and we all also liked Ohana better... maybe becuase we were so tired by that point and it was a sit down meal vs. buffet and Mickey was there and our little 6 year old really wanted to meet Mickey eventhough he had already met Minnie etc at Cape May!

Toy story land is so cute and we did both new rides. Slinky Dog is really good! Great fit for younger kids but thrilling for older ones as well. All in all really fun, but no shade. It was super hot so we did'nt hang around too much, it was our last day and we were just beat.

We had 5 in a studio at both resorts, 2 adult women and 3 kids. We did not feel too crammed, worked out just fine. I will say I don't understand why they didn't put 2 toilets vs. 2 showers in Poly... that would have been much more helpful for us.

An amazing and exhausting trip... so far I am loving my DVC!! KIM
So happy you had an amazing trip! Wishing you many more magical Dvc trips:-)
WLV (BRV ;-) ) my home Has always been my favorite.
I have always avoided the Poly before Dvc because there was no guarantee balcony. Also seemed very chaotic.
Well after our Poly LV studio stay I fell in LOVE!! Much more peaceful and relaxing once u leave lobby. Fireworks from pool ... priceless! Beautiful lush mature planting’s. Not to mention IMO the Poly studio is THE best one! 2 showers nice but sometimes 2 toilets... priceless! :-)
Kerri

So happy you had an amazing trip! Wishing you many more magical Dvc trips:-)
WLV (BRV ;-) ) my home Has always been my favorite.
I have always avoided the Poly before Dvc because there was no guarantee balcony. Also seemed very chaotic.
Well after our Poly LV studio stay I fell in LOVE!! Much more peaceful and relaxing once u leave lobby. Fireworks from pool ... priceless! Beautiful lush mature planting’s. Not to mention IMO the Poly studio is THE best one! 2 showers nice but sometimes 2 toilets... priceless! :-)
Kerri
Yes! 2 toilets priceless! I can't for the life of me figure out why they designed it that way~~ We had a ground floor room and we looked out into the garden, so pretty and we could walk right out our door, kids had plenty room play just out front of room... really liked it!!

We booked a DVC studio at the Poly paying cash through Disney last Fall. It was so convenient to the monorail to get to MK or Epcot for F&W. And I loved the studio layout too, we had 3 adults and 2 littles and it wasn't bad. I only wish the DVC studios were a bit closer to the main house at the Poly but that's really a minor quibble. It was great for a super short long-weekend stay. If we end up buying into DVC at some point, our home resort probably won't be the Poly because I would like the option of booking 1-bedrooms at our home resort. But I would certainly book it for short trips again if I could get it at 7 months out.

We booked a DVC studio at the Poly paying cash through Disney last Fall. It was so convenient to the monorail to get to MK or Epcot for F&W. And I loved the studio layout too, we had 3 adults and 2 littles and it wasn't bad. I only wish the DVC studios were a bit closer to the main house at the Poly but that's really a minor quibble. It was great for a super short long-weekend stay. If we end up buying into DVC at some point, our home resort probably won't be the Poly because I would like the option of booking 1-bedrooms at our home resort. But I would certainly book it for short trips again if I could get it at 7 months out.
totally agree!! The ONLY downside was we were in pago pago which seemed far!! Especially after walking all day etc. but I still loved it so much.. pool, monorail, atmosphere etc. But, would not buy there at this point anyway due to same reason, no other options except studios... but I hope to visit there more in the future!!

After reading reviews, I think I need to give Poly a second chance. We had a lake view, and I was very disappointed because of the lack of lake view, and the horns from the ferry woke me. I also wouldn't want to end up in the units that face the parking lot. Maybe in a few more years when the memories have faded even more we'll try again. Everything else about the resort is so nice. I agree, they should have squeezed a toilet in the other bathroom.

After reading reviews, I think I need to give Poly a second chance. We had a lake view, and I was very disappointed because of the lack of lake view, and the horns from the ferry woke me. I also wouldn't want to end up in the units that face the parking lot. Maybe in a few more years when the memories have faded even more we'll try again. Everything else about the resort is so nice. I agree, they should have squeezed a toilet in the other bathroom.
Well, I wouldn't have wanted to be woken up by the horn and if I paid for a view I would have wanted one!! We got lucky with standard and got the inside view of the garden... just got lucky!! I don't blame you for not being thrilled. I hope to go back in March with a friend who really wants to stay at poly so if we can get it we shall see..... hope if we do we have a good view!! have to ponder spending for the lake....

Glad you had such a wonderful trip! We just returned from a split stay, too - Poly and Kidani. Both were incredible!!!

AKV is our home resort and we just love it there. Can’t beat waking up to the animals and the soothing, zen feel of the entire resort. Very relaxing after a busy day in the parks. Will always feel like home to us.

We stayed in a Poly LV with a magnificent view. We were second floor to the right of the bungalows, so unobstructed view of castle and fireworks. Very magical! The studios, IMHO, are best on property. My family has one teen and one young adult, so the extra space and extra bathroom are game changers. We appreciate the extra shower so two of us can get ready at the same time in the morning. And of course the convenience of TTC and monorail is great!

Can’t wait to go back!!!

I asked about the 2 toilets in the studios at Poly, when we took a tour of the Poly bungalows. I said, 1 1/2 baths means 2 toilets to me, not 2 showers. The answer is that they were not allowed to add more toilets by the local regulations, building restrictions. They understand that people would rather have 2 toilets. Their hands were tied. (I believe she even said they had plans for 1-2 BRs but were forced to just build the studios by the same restriction). It was helpful to me to understand why, because the studios there are odd to me.

Plus there is so much wasted space in the bathrooms. I can understand people putting a pack n play in one of the bathrooms, there is room.

All this aside, I adore the Poly and just got back from 6 nights there, celebrating my 60th (GULP) birthday.

Glad that you had a fabulous trip!:thumbsup2 We also have stayed at the Poly 3 times, all at Tokelau, really enjoyed the resort! Love the convenience of walk ability to the transportation center!:cheer2:

I asked about the 2 toilets in the studios at Poly, when we took a tour of the Poly bungalows. I said, 1 1/2 baths means 2 toilets to me, not 2 showers. The answer is that they were not allowed to add more toilets by the local regulations, building restrictions. They understand that people would rather have 2 toilets. Their hands were tied. (I believe she even said they had plans for 1-2 BRs but were forced to just build the studios by the same restriction). It was helpful to me to understand why, because the studios there are odd to me.

Plus there is so much wasted space in the bathrooms. I can understand people putting a pack n play in one of the bathrooms, there is room.

All this aside, I adore the Poly and just got back from 6 nights there, celebrating my 60th (GULP) birthday.
So interesting!! Well, that makes sense. I agree.. I LOVE poly even with the weird stuff!! Can't wait to go back!!

Totally loved being on monorail! We never walkd to TT center.. I took advantage of uber on this trip... if buses were too long, boom uber! It was too hot and I was too tired and it was worth every penny!
Glad that you had a fabulous trip!:thumbsup2 We also have stayed at the Poly 3 times, all at Tokelau, really enjoyed the resort! Love the convenience of walk ability to the transportation center!:cheer2:

Glad you had such a wonderful trip! We just returned from a split stay, too - Poly and Kidani. Both were incredible!!!

AKV is our home resort and we just love it there. Can’t beat waking up to the animals and the soothing, zen feel of the entire resort. Very relaxing after a busy day in the parks. Will always feel like home to us.

We stayed in a Poly LV with a magnificent view. We were second floor to the right of the bungalows, so unobstructed view of castle and fireworks. Very magical! The studios, IMHO, are best on property. My family has one teen and one young adult, so the extra space and extra bathroom are game changers. We appreciate the extra shower so two of us can get ready at the same time in the morning. And of course the convenience of TTC and monorail is great!

Can’t wait to go back!!!
OH, cool. AKV is our home resort too! I have stayed there once in a 2 bedroom in March and I loved it. The only draw back was the time it takes to get to MK.. but I LOVE animal kingdom and with the late hours we love to go close that down and ride everest ton of times so being at AkV.. is so convenient! I have never had savannah room... so hope to swing that at some point. But, even looking at the parking lot it was so nice in general. Spacious and I love the theme!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!