Just Back from AKV and BCV

izzy

“I slapped Ouiser Boudreaux”
I just returned yesterday from one week at the AKV (value studio) and one week at the BCV (studio). We had a fabulous time! I had not stayed at the BCV yet, but was a little leery given some of the threads I've seen recently on the condition of the rooms. Overall, I was very pleased with our BCV room. I was even wondering if perhaps some of the rooms had already been rehabbed? Our sofa looked brand new, as did the drapes in the room. I noticed that other rooms appeared to have different drapes. There were no stains at all on the carpet in the room and it didn't look worn at all. The mattress also looked new and I really slept very well on it. I thought the mattress in the BCV room was in much better shape than the one we had at AKV. Our room even looked like it had a fresh coat of paint. I did see a little wear and tear/scratches on the coffee table trunk as well as the bedside table, but nothing bad at all.

We loved the location of the BCV! It was central to so many things and we enjoyed making the quick walk to Epcot. Our room was #176 which was pretty far down the hall, but it was SO close to the parking lot that we really liked it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Do you have any photos of the BCV studio?

No, and I'm kicking myself for not having done so! I wish I had at least taken pictures of the drapes and sofa to see if others could comment on if the same décor was in their studios.

We are doing this exact split sty in May! I was worrying about BCV room conditions too based on what some people have posted. Glad to hear you were pleased with it!

Nice to read a positive review. I hope we will see more of them. I'm glad you had a great trip.

I also recently returned (2 weeks ago) from AKV and BCV. How far ahead did you book the value studio? I would have liked a value studio at Jambo, but thought I wouldn't have a chance. Also, I wanted to try Kidani. Well, tried it, but missed Jambo terribly, especially during those very long hallway walks. Loved BCV, as you did. Did you see any carpet samples? I told the front desk that I loved the one near us best. And like you, our room was clean and not worn. For those who think it is, the front desk told me that a total soft goods rehab is planned for 2014. As far as the # of steps, the walk from the International Gateway to BC lobby was the same # as from my studio to the lobby at Kidani.

Carpet sample-

Oh my, I'm hoping that is not the carpet they will be installing. It's too busy and loud for the BCV. IMHO, it doesn't fit in at all. Totally changes the feel of the resort.
Is that really the color or was the color off in the photo a bit?

No, and I'm kicking myself for not having done so! I wish I had at least taken pictures of the drapes and sofa to see if others could comment on if the same décor was in their studios.

This is what my BCV studio looked like 3 weeks ago:

p641070290-4.jpg

p1010172669-4.jpg

p419857848-4.jpg

p31860680-4.jpg

I also recently returned (2 weeks ago) from AKV and BCV. How far ahead did you book the value studio? I would have liked a value studio at Jambo, but thought I wouldn't have a chance. Also, I wanted to try Kidani. Well, tried it, but missed Jambo terribly, especially during those very long hallway walks. Loved BCV, as you did. Did you see any carpet samples? I told the front desk that I loved the one near us best. And like you, our room was clean and not worn. For those who think it is, the front desk told me that a total soft goods rehab is planned for 2014. As far as the # of steps, the walk from the International Gateway to BC lobby was the same # as from my studio to the lobby at Kidani.

Carpet sample-

I like that carpet better than the samples they have installed down on the 1st floor. At least it has some character and doesn't look like I walked into an office. It makes me think more of the Yacht Club though than the Beach Club.

This is what my BCV studio looked like 3 weeks ago:

I like that carpet better than the samples they have installed down on the 1st floor. At least it has some character and doesn't look like I walked into an office. It makes me think more of the Yacht Club though than the Beach Club.

Not sure if my quote feature is working properly, but that is mostly what what my room looked like. I think those are the same drapes and the sofa and carpet are definitely the same. My coffee table was more like a chest. I don't remember the floor tile looking like that in our bathroom.

I didn't get to see the carpet samples on the other floors. The grey office pattern on the first floor was really ugly, but I would have to think they are checking it for wear and durability and would not install that particular color if that's the one they decide to use. Even if they picked that style in "beachy" colors, it still doesn't have the character that the current carpet has.

In those photos, the only thing that has changed is the bedding, everything else is the same.

Thanks for sharing! We almost always stay at BCVs but couldn't resist GFVs for our next trip. I'm sure we'll return to BCVs...maybe after the entire resort is finished with the rehab.

DW and I did almost the same split stay back in Sept. 4 nights at AKL Kidani Studio and then 5 nights at BCV 1 BR with our DD and her BF. We enjoyed AKL, but wow - what a delight to stay at BCV. We really felt like we were at a 'resort' and on vacation at BCV. Location to EPCOT was awesome. If we were ever to add on points, BCV will be it.

Split stays for trips 8 nights or more are now on our top options list.

We are booked for AKV Jambo Value Studio in December. Can you tell me what kind of view you got (do you remember the room number?). I have read that there are pretty good odds of getting some kind of savanah view in those rooms. Was it easy to go downstairs to the restaurants and pool at Jambo? Did they have a mug refil at the pool? Did you have any meals at Boma?

Thanks!

KAT4DISNEY, I have a question-in your studio, did you have a little 4 cup coffee maker? Whenever we've stayed in a studio at BCV we'd always had a 12-cup one until about a few years ago, when we noticed they'd switched (at least in the studios we were in) to 4-cup size. The first time, we called and they quickly brought us a brand new 12-cup one. Since then, I've just known it would be a 4 cup coffee maker. At AKV, the studios always have the big coffee makers, one thing I do prefer at AKV.

I have read that there are pretty good odds of getting some kind of savanah view in those rooms.

i've stayed in value studios twice. once was a savanna view, once was a parking lot view. you never know.

Was it easy to go downstairs to the restaurants and pool at Jambo?

the value rooms are toward the front of the resort. easy to get to the lobby, pool and restaurants.

(and i love boma, especially when they have the spicy ribs - i think those are on the wed/saturday rotation but it may have changed.)

We are booked for AKV Jambo Value Studio in December. Can you tell me what kind of view you got (do you remember the room number?). I have read that there are pretty good odds of getting some kind of savanah view in those rooms. Was it easy to go downstairs to the restaurants and pool at Jambo? Did they have a mug refil at the pool? Did you have any meals at Boma?

Thanks!

I forgot to answer your ??? About odds of a savannah view, I've stayed in value studios 6 times, but only got savannah view once. Very easy to get to pool. I LOVE Boma's breakfast-best breakfast on property IMHO. As far as the dinner, very good, but too loud and bustling for me. If it works for you, take the culinary tour of Jiko and Boma at 4:00 to try for yourself-and the tour's free! Sorry, I don't know about the mugs.

Thank you! I love the idea about the culinary tour. We are there for four nights but only going to the MVMCP so we will have time to do that! Thanks for the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter