Just back from AKV 1-bedroom

Mean Queen

<font color=blue><marquee> If only life were like
It was a quick trip (1-night) but we stayed in the new Animal Kingdom Villas. We were in a one-bedroom on the 5th floor. The room service waiter said our room had only been open a week.

Here's the good, bad, and the beautiful of the room.
Good: Comfy master bed, long balcony to view the animals, nice savannah view, flat screen TV's, a sleeper chair for a 5th person (or just to avoid pulling out that couch), jacuzzi tub

Bad: These rooms are SOOOO far from the main area. To get to the room we had to go to one set of elevators, up to the 5th, then down another hall, right, then down that hall. No separate shower. I'm guessing the rooms in the main building are going to be a bit different than the final ones in the all AKV building. But our room had a nice tub/shower combo rather than what I saw in the model. The 1-bedroom seems smaller than other 1-bedrooms I've stayed in, especially the master bedroom.

Beautiful: The decor, the view (giraffes, zebras, antelopes), the TV's, the huge bathroom, the new kitchen appliances, the mural in the bathroom.

Overall, it was a great place to stay and we can't wait to stay there again. We didn't want to leave the room because it was so nice (and so far to get back to.) ;)

Here are some pics.

Giraffes
August2007162.jpg

Washer/dryer
August2007156.jpg

Sleeper chair
August2007154.jpg

Kitchen
August2007152.jpg

August2007142.jpg

Balcony
August2007151.jpg

Master bedroom
August2007148.jpg

Tub
August2007147.jpg

Dining area
August2007145.jpg

Living room
August2007144.jpg

Thanks for the write-up & the pics!! We are going in Jan to a 2 bedroom--which will be a 1bdrm & 1 studio, so I was very interested in seeing an actual 1 bdrm. ( I have seen a few pics of the studios) It really got me excited! Deb

Great pics and beautiful girls!!! Did you have 2 bathrooms or 1??? I thought there was a jacuzzi tub in the main?? We are headed there in 08 and I was just wondering.
Thanks

Thanks for the report and the pics! We will be staying in a 1 br value next July. Can't wait! Is there a DVD player in the master bedroom as well?

Did you have 2 bathrooms or 1??? I thought there was a jacuzzi tub in the main?? We are headed there in 08 and I was just wondering.
The 1BRs in Jambo House have one bathroom, the 1BRs in Kidani Village will have two bathrooms. The bathroom in the Jambo House 1BRs have a combined whirlpool tub and shower. The master bathroom in the Kidani Village 1BRs have a whirlpool tub and a separate shower stall.

Great photos, Mean Queen! I love that long balcony. I think I like the L-shaped kitchen better than the kitchens they are putting into the Kidani Village 1BRs. It's more open and looks like it has more storage space. Otherwise the furnishings look very similar to the Kidani Village models. Thanks for posting !!

Thanks for the write-up & the pics!! We are going in Jan to a 2 bedroom--which will be a 1bdrm & 1 studio, so I was very interested in seeing an actual 1 bdrm. ( I have seen a few pics of the studios) It really got me excited! Deb

Our 1-bedroom was attached to a studio, so you now know what the 1-bedroom part of your room will look like.

Thanks for the report and the pics! We will be staying in a 1 br value next July. Can't wait! Is there a DVD player in the master bedroom as well?

We did not have a DVD player in the master bedroom, only the living room. But there were hookups in the front of the TV in case you had your own portable DVD player and cables.

Great pics and beautiful girls!!! Did you have 2 bathrooms or 1??? I thought there was a jacuzzi tub in the main?? We are headed there in 08 and I was just wondering.
Thanks

Thanks! My oldest kept jumping in all the pictures. She said the chair was very comfy to sleep on. We only had 1 bathroom and it had the jacuzzi tub/shower combo. That tub though beat out all other DVC tubs. It may be smaller, but the jets hit all the right places on your tired legs after a long day at the parks. (Just don't use too much bubble bath like I did... overflow! :scared1: )

Thanks! My oldest kept jumping in all the pictures. She said the chair was very comfy to sleep on.

she wasn't in all of them - besides she is cute!!!

is that where she slept?

does the AKV have the free DVD for owners?

forgot - did you check in before 4pm and if you did - how long before you got your villa?

did anyone say that DVC did NOT allow early check in here?

forgot - did you check in before 4pm and if you did - how long before you got your villa?

did anyone say that DVC did NOT allow early check in here?

We showed up at 10 a.m. and our room was ready! We had to run back out to the car to get our luggage because we didn't expect that. I had never heard about DVC not allowing early check-in at AKV. We had no problem checking in early.

I'm not sure if they offered free DVD rentals to members like at other resorts, but they did have a player in the living room in case you had your own.

My DD8 did sleep in the chair. It was the perfect size for a child/teen. I can't imagine an adult being comfortable there.

Thanks for posting the pictures and giving the report. Our first AKV stay is coming up...soon!!

Bobbi

Thank you so much for posting your pics!! I am hoping to change our BWV 1br Std. V. in May to AKV 1 or 2 br Sav V.

I am somewhat "pooh" sized pooh: and have been worried about fitting in the new tub. I LOVE the tubs in all the other DVC units, wondering how I will like these.

Thanks again for the great pics!

This morning we switched from a studio at SSR to a 1 bdrm. SV at AKV for our trip in March. We are so excited!! Thanks for sharing your pictures! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter